The Businesses of the Keweenaw Peninsula, MI
Lodging: Cabins, Cottages, Hotels,
Vacation Homes, B&Bs, Campgrounds, Art Galleries, Gift Shops,
Snowmobile and ATV Rentals, Real Estate, and Other
LODGING and CAMPING
Ahmeek: Five Mile
Point (north of Houghton and Hancock)
- Sand Hills
Lighthouse Inn Bed & Breakfast, Five Mile
Point Road, Ahmeek, MI (906-337-1744) on Lake Superior. 8
rooms with bath, furnished in Victorian style, fireplace
in lounge, great views from the lighthouse tower. See an
original fresnel lens and nautical lighthouse artifacts.
Lighthouse tour daily. Sand Hills is the largest
lighthouse built on the Great Lakes.
- Sunset Bay RV
Resort, Campground, and Cabins on the shores
of Lake Superior, 7 miles north of Ahmeek on Five Mile
Point Road or 7 miles south of Eagle River, MI in the
Keweenaw Peninsula. 40 sites with electric & water
hook-ups, bath houses, laundry, ice, and a dump station.
Three rental log cabins with one or two bedrooms,
fireplaces and full kitchens. 2701 Sunset Bay Beach Road.
Ahmeek, MI 49901. Open June 1st to September 30th. Phone:
906-337-2494 (summer): 941-232-4832 (winter).
Baraga and L'Anse:
(at the entrance to the
- Baraga Lakeside Inn on the shores of Keweenaw Bay in Lake Superior. 68 guest rooms with cable TV and Wi-Fi. Some rooms overlook the Bay for a stunning view. The restaurant is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lounge. Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna. Fitness Room. Docking facilities next door. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Baraga Lakeside Inn, 900 U.S. 41 South, Baraga, MI. Ph
one: 906-353-7123 or toll Free: 855-541-5953
- Eagle View Vacation Home on Lake Superior is located 15 miles northeast of L'Anse, MI on Pt. Abbaye. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a gas fireplace and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer & dryer. 120' of Lake Superior shoreline and an awesome view. Easy trail access.
- Ojibwa Campground and Marina is located on the shoreline of Keweenaw Bay by Highway US-41 on the north side of Baraga. The campground offers wooded and lakefront sites with electricity, water, a picnic table, and fire pit. There are restrooms with showers, RV dump station, a playground, and a pavilion for events. Sandy swimming beach. The Marina offers rental slips and a boat launch for great fishing or b
oating on Keweenaw Bay of Lake Superior. The nearby Historic Sand Point Lighthouse is not open but you can walk on the grounds. Ojibwa Recreation Area, 101 Lighthouse Road, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-6955 or 906-201-4174
Bete Grise and Lac La Belle
- Wilderness Resort in Lac La Belle offers three year round newly renovated lodgings with a nice view of Lac La Belle. We offer a 2-bedroom cabin and a duplex with two units. Unit A has 2 bedrooms and Unit B has one bedroom. Unit A and B can be combined for larger groups. Snowmobile trail #132 is outside the front door and there is expert downhill skiing at Mt. Bohemia. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing n
earby. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Keweenaw Peninsula and outstanding outdoor recreation at the Wilderness Resort. Phone: 906-369-5369
- Wilderness Resort Campground. We now offer 4 campsites in Lac La Belle with 30 and 50 AMP hook up. Water is available on site. Pump out service is available upon request on Wednesdays from A1 toilets. Sites have a fire ring, picnic table and free WiFi. Sauna coming soon. Phone: 906-369-5369
(11 miles north of
- North Shore
Cottage, Tamarack Waterworks Road, Calumet, MI
49913. Phone 906-337-3127. Located 3.5 miles from Calumet
on the shores of Lake Superior. Housekeeping cottage with
extra amenities sleeps up to 6. Open year round. Trout
stream runs along side of cottage.
- Trailside Lodge is located on Highway US-41, on the north side of Calumet, MI. The lodge offers 28 newly renovated rooms with cable TV, microwave, fridge, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. At door parking with large parking lot for your vehicles. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails with ATV/UTV and Snowmobile rentals at the office. Wonderful riding in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the many attractions in the Keweenaw
National Historic Park. Pets Welcome. Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905
(9 miles south of
- Kemp's Four Season
Log Home Rental, 40551 N. Upper Pike River
Road, Chassell, MI 49916. Phone: 906-483-0334. The
Country House is located 11 miles south of Houghton in
the Keweenaw Peninsula. Beautiful smoke free log home
sleeps 9, whirlpool, fireplace, air conditioning, snack
bar, dining room, great room, access to the snowmobile
- Northwoods Resort and Vacation Apartments on Portage Lake, 3 miles north of Chassell in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Wonderful sand bottom beach is ideal for swimming and shallow for the children. Large dock and sundeck. Great fishing! 10 Summer rental units and one unit available for winter rentals. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Pets Welcome. Northwoods Resort, 45190 US Highway 41, Chassell, MI 49916. Phone: 906-48
Copper Harbor and
Lac La Belle:
Lodge-Lakeside Cabins, M-26, Lakeshore Drive,
Eagle Harbor MI, 49950 (906-289-4294) On Highway M-26
between Eagle Harbor (10 miles) and Copper Harbor (3 miles).
8 Cabins on Lake Superior with one, two, and three bedrooms,
one log cabin with fireplace. All cabins have a view of Lake
- New Listing; Lodging in downtown Copper Harbor. The Keweenaw Adventure Company offers 3 lodging options. The Chalet (upstairs apartment) is year round, the downstairs apartment has 2 bedrooms and is available fall and winter, and the Cottage is available during the warmer months. Rentals are 2 blocks from Lake Superior, are fully furnished, and h
ave satellite TV and Wi-Fi. Phone: 906-289-4303
- Wilderness Resort in Lac La Belle offers three year round newly renovated lodgings with a nice view of Lac La Belle. We offer a 2-bedroom cabin and a duplex with two units. Unit A has 3 bedrooms and Unit B has one bedroom. Unit A and B can be combined for larger groups. Snowmobile trail #132 is outside the front door and there is expert downhill skiing at Mt. Bohemia. Cross-country skiing and sn
owshoeing nearby. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Keweenaw Peninsula and outstanding outdoor recreation at the Wilderness Resort. Phone: 906-369-5369
Eagle Harbor and Eagle River, MI
Horizon Point Cottage on Lake Superior in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Two-bedroom Vacation Home on 5-Mile Point Road a short distance south of Eagle River, MI. Living area has comfortable furnishings, a gas fireplace, and a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Kitchen has full-size appliances including a dishwasher. Washer & Dryer.Â Large deck for relaxing.Â Phone: 402-218-0789 or 402-680-5754.
Shoreline Resort, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Eagle Harbor, offers a 8 unit Motel, a 2-bedroom cabin, and a 3-bedroom apartment. All accommodations have a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Sandy beach. Canoe, kayaks, and a paddle boat available. Pets Welcome. Shoreline Resort, 122 Front Street, Eagle Harbor, MI 49950. Phone: 906-289-4441
Houghton, Hancock, Dollar
Bay, and Lake Linden, MI
Click Here for Lodging in
- Copper Crown Motel, a Magnuson Hotel, 235 Hancock St., Hancock,
MI 49930. Phone 906-482-6111 or 1-800-528-1234 for
reservations. 46 spacious rooms with indoor pool,
whirlpool, & sauna. Wireless internet acces.
Continental breakfast. Large
parking lot for trailers. Snowmobile from the parking
- Cozy Cabin on
Portage Lake is a 3-bedroom log cabin with a
loft. Open concept living area and a complete kitchen
with a dishwasher. Located 7 miles east of
Hancock on Portage Lake. The cabin is convenient to events at Michigan
Tech and Finlandia University as well as shopping,
sightseeing, and enjoying the history of the Copper
Country. Easy trail access to snowmobile and ATV trails.
Nice shoreline on Portage Lake with a dock for sunning or
relaxing. Bring your boat for fishing or water fun. Cozy
Cabin, Dollar Bay, MI
49922. Phone: 248-624-1770.
Recreation Snowmobile Rental, New Location on Highway US-41 on the northwest side of Hancock with direct access to the trails. Clothing, accessories, and parts. Experienced service department. Renting new Polaris sleds. Call for reservations. Dan's carries pre-owned Snowmobiles, ATV's, Ranger Utility Vehicles, and Victory Motorcycles. Phone (906) 482-6227 or (800)
858-4869. Located on Highway M-26 just outside of Houghton
with direct access to all of the local trails. Renting one-person and
two-person sleds. Serving
Houghton, Hancock, the Keweenaw Peninsula and surrounding
- Kemp's Portage
Lake Log Home, the Lake House Vacation Rental,
is a newly constructed log home with 4 bedrooms and 3
bathrooms on Portage Lake. The home is built into the
hillside, so both levels have a wonderful view of Portage
Lake. The main level has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a
living area with a vaulted ceiling and a flat screen TV.
There is a complete kitchen with a dishwasher and a
laundry room on both the main level and the walkout lower
level. The Lower Level has 2 bedrooms and can be rented
separately or you can rent the entire home. Located 5
miles east of Hancock next to Sandy Bottom Beach and boat
launch. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Kemp's Lake
House, 47880 Lower Point Mills Road, Hancock, MI 49930.
Phone: 906 483-0334.
- Northwoods Resort and Vacation Apartments on Portage Lake 5 miles south of Houghton in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Wonderful sand bottom beach is ideal for swimming and shallow for the children. Large dock and sundeck. Great fishing! 10 Summer rental units and one unit available for winter rentals. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Pets Welcome. Northwoods Resort, 45190 US Highway 41, Chassell, MI 49916. Phone: 906-487-61
- Super 8
Motel of Houghton, 1200 E. Lakeshore Drive, Houghton MI
49931. Phone 906-482-2240. 85 rooms. Free Super Start Breakfast, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Remote
Cable TV. Free Wireless Internet throughout the Super 8. On Portage Lake. Boat docks and fishing
piers. 2 blocks from MTU. On the snowmobile trail. Cross
By the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State
Pelke and Tapiola:
(between Baraga and Chassell near Highway
- Filpus Log
Cabins, HC 1, Box 179, Pelkie MI 49958. Phone
906-334-2639. 2 log cabins on Otter Lake near the
Sturgeon River headwaters. Cabin 1 sleeps 5+, Cabin 2
sleeps 6. Sauna. Each cabin has private dock and boat.
Great for fishing, hunting, snowmobling. On the trail. 30
miles south of Houghton.
South Range: (5
miles south of Houghton on M-26)
(Toivola) 25 miles south of Houghton on M-26.
- Hallmark Hut is located in Twin Lakes, 26 miles south of Houghton by the Bill Nicholls ATV, snowmobile, and mountain biking trail with easy trail access. Newly opened, the Hallmark Hut is fully furnished with new appliances, flat screen satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. Across from Lake Roland for swimming, fishing, and boating. Golfing nearby. Hallmark Hut, 32913 N. Pa
rkside Drive, Twin Lakes, (Toivola) MI 49965. Phone: 906-288-3100 .
- Twin Lakes
Resort, 32970 N. Parkside Drive, Twin
Lakes,Toivola, MI 49965. (906) 288-3666. Midway between
Houghton and Ontonagon in the Keweenaw Peninsula of
Michigan. Quiet and comfortable lakefront vacation
cottages, fully equipped, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, suitable for
2-7 people. Monthly rentals available. Open late-May thru
Sunset Bay RV
Resort, Campground, and Cabins on the shores of
Lake Superior, 7 miles north of Ahmeek on Five Mile Point
Road or 7 miles south of Eagle River, MI in the Keweenaw
Peninsula. 40 sites with electric & water hook-ups, bath
houses, laundry, ice, and a dump station. Three rental log
cabins with one or two bedrooms, fireplaces and full
kitchens. 2701 Sunset Bay Beach Road. Ahmeek, MI 49901. Open
June 1st to September 30th. Phone: 906-337-2494 (summer)
There are five Michigan State
Parks in the Keweenaw Peninsula offering modern camground
facilities. Baraga State Park across from Keweenaw Bay;
State Historic State Park
on Lake Fanny Hooe in Copper Harbor; F.J. McLain State Park
10 miles NW of Hancock on Lake Superior;
Mountains Wilderness State Park 15 miles west of
Ontonagon; and Twin Lakes State Park on Lake Roland, 23
miles SW of Houghton on M-26 with swimming beach and boat
FOOD - RESTAURANTS - PASTIES- JAM & JELLIES - FRESH FISH
Market on Quincy Hill in Hancock MI offers fresh
and smoked fish available year round that may be shipped
anywhere in the United States. Call for shipping or stop at
our market. We fish Lake Superior almost every day.
Peterson's offers fresh salmon, trout, and whitefish and
smoked salmon, herring, and trout. Four Sons Fish &
Chip Outdoor Cafe. Indoor seating now available.
Supplier to the major restaurants in the area. Peterson's
Fish Market, 49813 US Hwy 141, P.O. Box 535, Hancock, MI
49930. Phone 906-482-2343.
Spoon, PO Box 391, US 41, Mohawk, MI, 49950.
(906)337-2435. Handmade Natural Preserves, Naturally Grown
Produce, Baked Goods and a variety of home made jam and
jelly. Stop in our shop, purchase by mail order, or use our
online shopping cart. We feature the wild Thimbleberry Jam,
a specialty of the the Upper Peninsula.
BUSINESSES, RECREATION, & REAL
Copper and Ore
samples available at Red Metal Minerals, 202
Ontonagon Street, Ontonagon, MI 49953. Phone 906-884-6618.
specimens and ores. Packages of rocks, minerals and fossils
available. Books about copper mining.
Keweenaw Adventure Company in Copper Harbor has just what you need for a fun time in this outstanding area of the Keweenaw Peninsula. We offer Sea Kayak, Canoe, and Mountain Bike Rentals, Outfitting, Guided Biking, Hiking, and Kayak Tours, and Shuttle Service. Copper Harbor has a world class mountain bike trail system as well as the exciting waters of Lake Superior for sea k
ayaking, including trips to Isle Royale. Keweenaw Adventure Company, 155 Gratiot Street (U.S. 41), Copper Harbor, MI. 49918. Phone: 906-289-4303
Kemps Rod and Restoration,
Inc., Project Division. 47889 Lower Point Mills
Road, Hancock, MI 49930. Phone: (906) 482-5656 Fax: (906)
776-9046. Street Rods, Concours Quality Restorations and
Concept Cars. See our just completed streetrod project, a
1935 Plymouth, runner up for the Riddler Award. Kemps can
build your car from a concept or start with an original car.
We can meet all your fabrication and paint needs.
Northern Michigan Land Brokers in Houghton, MI features homes, commercial property, recreational land, waterfront property (including Lake Superior) and vacant land in Keweenaw, Houghton, Baraga, and Ontonagon counties in the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Visit our website or stop by and see some of the exciting property we offer in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Northern Michigan Land Brokers 405 Shel
den Avenue, Houghton, MI 49930 Phone: 906-523-5575.
Quincy Mine Guided Underground and Surface Tours of the Historic Quincy Copper Mine, part of the Keweenaw National Historic Park. Tours of the Quincy Mine Site include a Surface Only Tour, Surface Tour with Tram Ride, and the Full tour that includes a trip into the 7th level of the mine. Our knowledgeable guides will take you back to the time when Copper was King. The Gift Shop is filled with books, rocks & minerals, shirts, and a w
ide variety of interesting items. The grounds are open to the public free of charge so stop by and visit this historic mine site. Quincy Mine Hoist Association, 49750 US Highway 41, Hancock MI 49930. Phone: 906-482-3101
Sand Point Charters in the Keweenaw Peninsula offers Charter Fishing, Lighthouse Cruises, and Scenic Tours on Lake Superior. Boats leave from Lac La Belle, 40 miles north of Houghton/Hancock for a wonderful day or Â½ day on the water. Fish for Lake Trout, Salmon, and a variety of fish, view the offshore lighthouses, or take a relaxing cruise along the beautiful shoreline of the Keweenaw Peninsula. Captain Brain Helminen has over 35 y
ears of boating and fishing experience and the boats are DNR inspected and approved and equipped with essential fishing equipment and USCG approved safety gear. Phone 906-370-2257.
Wide Real Estate of Houghton brings people and
places together. Our focus is selling vacant land,
homes, and businesses in Houghton, MI and the surrounding
area including Houghton, Baraga, Keweenaw, and Ontonagon
Counties. Give us a call if you are interested in
buying or selling residential properties, waterfront, vacant
lands, commercial properties, and multi-family properties in
the Houghton-Hancock area of the Upper Peninsula. Call or
stop by our office at 500 Shelden Ave., Houghton, MI 49931.
Phone: (906)482-6955 or (800)676-6323. Open: Monday-Friday
8:00am - 6:00 pm, Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm.
Pontoons, Fishing Boats, & Personal Watercraft: Sales, Service, and
Snowmobile, ATV, & WaveRunner Rentals is
located 10 miles north of Houghton and Hancock. Snowmobile
rentals include Castle brand jackets & bibs and HJC
helmets with frost-free hot shields. Sled rental is for a
23-hour day so sleds can be kept overnight. Delivery
available to Houghton/Hancock and surrounding area. We are
located at tje Trailside Lodge in on the north side of Calumet. Ride from the shop door. Copper Country Rental at the Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905.
Recreation Snowmobile Rental, Sales, and Service. Hancock, MI. Phone (906) 482-6227 or
(800) 858-4869. New Location on Highway US-41 on the northwest side of Hancock with direct access to the trails. Clothing, accessories, and parts. Experienced service department. Renting new Polaris sleds. Call for reservations. Dan's carries pre-owned Snowmobiles, ATV's, Ranger Utility Vehicles, and Victory Motorcycles.
Houghton PowerSports is your headquarters for new and pre-owned boats, outboard motors, off-road Vehicles, snowmobiles, and trailers. We are a full service authorized dealer offering multi-line sales of snowmobiles, boats, and off-road vehicles. We offer certified service, parts, and accessories. Snowmobile rental. Call to reserve your snowmobile. Phone: 906-356-3330. Houghton Power sports is located just west of Highway M-26 at 18006 Erickson Drive, Atlantic Mine, MI 49905
M & M PowerSports
in Hancock offers Sales, Service, Gear, and
Rentals. Authorized dealer for Yahama, Arctic Cat, Suzuki
ATV's & Motorcycles, Polar Craft Boats, Sweetwater
Pontoons, Kymcousa Scooters, Porta Dock, and Porta Lifts.
Winter snowmobile Rentals of 2011Arctic Cat single
person sleds. Summer rentals of
Pontoon Boats. Located just west of the Lift Bridge at 90
Navy Street, Hancock, MI 49930. Phone: 906-482-9990
and Recreation in the Keweenaw Peninsula
the Keweenaw Peninsula
Rock Collecting in the
Snowmobiling in the
Towns and Cities Page
Back to Upper Peninsula
Exploring the North Home
E-Mail us for
Site Search Engine