Cities and Towns
of Northern Wisconsin
about these communities
lodging, businesses, attractions, recreation, shopping
and real estate in these towns in Northern Wisconsin
Places to go and stay, Things to see and do.
Italian Inn Motel
and Rental Cabins, Highway 141, Amberg, WI
54102, 715-759-5231. Motel with kitchenettes, air
conditioned, color TV, easy access to Dave's Falls and
the wild Pike River.Three rental cabins near the Pike
River with complete kitchens and franklin style
fireplaces. Cabin #1 has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 6-8. The
Big Log Cabin is open concept and sleeps up to 10. Dish
TV with VCR. The Lodge sleeps 15-20 in 3 separate
sleeping areas. On the snowmobile trails.
gateway to the Wisconsin wilderness. 50 miles north of Green
Bay, WI in Marinette County. A four seson recreation area
including Athelstane, the Twin Bridge area, High Falls, and
Silver Cliff. Information, Lodging, Businesses, & Recreation.
County in Northeastern Wisconsin.
Eagle, WI. Just 5 miles
northwest of Iron Mountain on US-2. Things to see and do,
Places to go and stay.
- Hurley, Wisconsin (north central Wisconsin)
Cloverland Motorsports for Snowmobile, ATV, & Waverunner Rentals. Polaris Dealer. Sales, Service, & Parts.
- Lakeland, WI
- McCaslin Mountain Campground is located 9 miles east of Lakeland on 300 acres bordering the Nicolet National Forest, an ideal location for wonderful outdoor recreation. There are 48 electric and water hook-ups and 80 rustic sites. All have picnic tables & fire rings. Modern Shower House. Seasonal sites and yearly mobile home sites available. Rustic 2 bedroom log housekeeping cabin. Camp Store, snack bar, and mini-golf. Guided deer, bear, and turkey hunts. Direct access to Oconto County ATV Trails. W15720 County Highway F, Silver Cliff, WI 54104. Phone: 715-757-3734 or 715-757-2561
Land O' Lakes, WI & Lac
Vieux Desert (in northern Wisconsin near the Upper
Big Lake Cabin is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes, halfway between Land O' Lakes and Boulder Junction, in northern Wisconsin and only a few miles from the Upper Peninsula. Newly remodeled two-bedroom cabin has a complete kitchen. Wood-burning stove. There is a screened porch for enjoying the view of Big Lake. The 2 acre wooded setting offers a peaceful and relaxing spot for your vacation. Sandy swimming beach nearby. Jon boat and rowboat included. 7668 Palmer Lake Road, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-572-1402.
New Listing: Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course. On the hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321. 1 block west of Highway US-45.
New Listing: North Shore Campground is located on Lac Vieux Desert near the border between Land O’ Lakes, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The campground offers 42 sites with electric and water hook-ups in a wooded area by the lake. Sand bottomed beach with docks for your boat. Modern shower house. Wi-Fi. Laundromat. Camp Store. 3-bedroom cabin and 2-bedroom RV for rent. North Shore Campground, E248885 Misery Bay Road, Land O’ Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 906-544-2188
Resort is located on Lac Vieux Desert, a
boundary lake dividing Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula
of Michigan. 8 fully equipped cabins with 1 to 4
bedrooms, one cabin with a gas fireplace. Some cabins are
handicap accessible. Easy access on level ground to the
swimming area and docks. Located just north of Land O'
Lakes, WI and south of Watersmeet, MI by Highway US-45.
Excellent fishing, swimming, and water sports with easy
snowmobile trail access and nearby cross-country ski
trails. Enjoy this family friendly retreat year round.
E24911 Misery Bay Rd. Watersmeet, MI 49969. Phone:
Woods and Water
Chalet on the Cisco
Chain of Lakes, just 9 miles north of Land O' Lakes. 5
bedrooms, 3 baths, gas fieldstone fireplace, and Dish TV
with premium channels. Wireless Internet access. Complete
kitchen with dishwasher. Laundry. 600' water frontage
with sand bottomed beach for swimming, water sports, and
fishing. Phone: 847-309-1407
WI & Menominee, MI. Twin cities on the
shores of Lake Michigan at the mouth of the Menominee River
where it empties into Green Bay. One city is on each side of
the Menominee River, the border between Michigan and
Wisconsin. Historic Districts, Museums, Marina, and
Niagara, WI. PAINTING
CONTRACTOR Randy Duval Painting &
Decorating. N-4849 Harding Park Drive, Iron Mountain, MI
49801. Phone: 906-774-2812. Licensed & Insured
Lodging on the Trail.
Wisconsin Lodging including the towns of Arbor Vitae, Boulder Junction,
Butternut, Crandon, Eagle River, Fifield, Hurley, Lac du Flambeau,
Land O' Lakes, Manitowish Waters, Minocqua, Park Falls, Phillips, Presque
Isle, Rhinelander, St. Germain, Three Lakes, & Upson.
Vacation Rentals of Cabin, Cottages, Lodges, Resorts, Motels, Hotels, Inns, B&B's, Vacation Homes, and Condos. Many lodgings are on inland lakes. Most are open year round with easy access to snowmobile & cross-country trails. A variety of accommodations are available for your vacation or business trip to Northern Wisconsin. Northwoods Chapter of the Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging
Wisconsin in the
northeastern corner of the state. Located 30 miles north
of Crivitz in Northern Marinette County, including the
towns of Amberg, Beecher, Dunbar, and Wausaukee.
- Pound, Wisconsin:
Pine Lodge Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Rental
Parkway Road, Pound, WI. Phone. 920-897-4417. Four newly
constructed year round cabins nestled in a secluded
wooded area that sleep up to 6. Air conditioned. Weekly
and daily rentals. Across the road from White Potato
Lake. ATV trails just a short distance and snowmobile
trails leave from the cabin door. The Lodge Restaurant is
open from May to November serving lunch and dinner
- Silver Cliff, WI
- McCaslin Mountain Campground is located on 300 acres bordering the Nicolet National Forest, an ideal location for wonderful outdoor recreation. There are 48 electric and water hook-ups and 80 rustic sites. Modern Shower House. Seasonal sites and yearly mobile home sites available. Rustic 2 bedroom log housekeeping cabin. Camp Store, snack bar, and mini-golf. Guided deer, bear, and turkey hunts. Direct access to Oconto County ATV Trails. W15720 County Highway F, Silver Cliff, WI 54104. Phone: 715-757-3734 or 715-757-2561
- Silver Cliff Rental Cabins and Campground is located in Silver Cliff, Wisconsin, just 30 miles northwest of Crivitz, WI and 29 miles northeast of Lakeland in northeastern Wisconsin. A wonderful spot for outdoor enthusiasts with a wide variety or recreational opportunities awaiting you. One bedroom cabins are air conditioned and have Direct TV. Cabins sleep from 4-to 6 guests. ATV trails at the door. Near the Peshtigo River and the Nicolet National Forest. Silver Cliff Camp, W14301 Highway C, Athelstane, WI 54104. Phone: 262-366-1376
Eagle, WI is
located on Highway US-2 in Florence County between Iron
Mountain MI and Florence, WI in northeastern Wisconsin.
Lodging, Businesses, Attractions, and
- WISCONSIN DELLS
in Southern Wisconsin.
- A wonderful vacation at the
Wisconsin Dells can be made through
an online travel site that provides arrangements for
lodging, activities, and attractions during your visit.
Vacations Made Easy also offers vacations at Mackinac
Island and many locations throughout the country. Phone
1-800-987-9852 or 417-823-0981 to speak with one of our
- Lodging in the Upper
Peninsula near the Wisconsin-Michigan border
National Forest for hiking, camping,
fishing, and hunting in Florence, Forest, Langlade, and
Back to the Northern
©1997 by vivian wood, the
webmaster for Exploring the North. All Rights Reserved.
Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976, as
Amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster of
Exploring the North, Inc., reproduction of any web page or
pages on the Exploring the North website for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on the web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of vivian wood,
the webmaster for Exploring the North, Inc. All web pages
created on an Apple G-4.