Vacation Rentals in Northern
Food and Lodging
Resorts, Motels, Hotels, Cabins,
Condos, B & B's, Cottages,
Campgrounds, and Vacation Homes in Northern
Click Here to
- Big Lake Cabin is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes, halfway between Land O' Lakes and Boulder Junction, in northern Wisconsin and only a few miles from the Upper Peninsula. Newly remodeled two-bedroom cabin has a complete kitchen. Wood-burning stove. There is a screened porch for enjoying the view of Big Lake. The 2 acre wooded setting offers a peaceful and relaxing spot for your vacation. Sandy swimming beach nearby. Jon boat and rowboat included. 7668 Palmer Lake Road, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-572-1402.
- Curve Inn
Resort, N9464 Parkway Rd., Twin Gridge Area, Crivitz, WI, 54114.
715-757-2021. Bar, Grill, Motel with kitchenettes,and
Campground. 20 beautiful wooded campsites with water and
electricity, dump station, fire pits, picnic tables,
nature trail. Nice selection of sandwiches and Glenn's
hand-tossed Pizza at the Bar and Grill. Open Year Round.
Winter Camping. On the snowmobile trail
- Edgewater Resort Country Log Cabins on the Menominee River. N4128 North U.S. 2,
Iron Mountain, Michigan 49801. Phone (906) 774-6244. 4 miles east of Spread Eagle on the Michigan side of the bridge over
US-2, (the Wisconsin-Upper Peninsula Border). Nine fully equipped housekeeping log cabins with 1-3 bedrooms on the
Menominee River, 3 miles west of Iron Mountain, Michigan.
Cable TV, outside barbecue, and your own boat and dock
slip. Relax and watch the deer coming down to the waters
edge to drink. Pets Welcome.
- Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course. On the hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails with equipment rentals nearby. Nightly rentals. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321.
- Italian Inn Motel
and Rental Cabins, Highway 141, Amberg, WI
54102, 715-759-5231. Motel with kitchenettes, air
conditioned, color TV, easy access to Dave's Falls and
the wild Pike River. Three rental cabins near the Pike
River with complete kitchens and franklin style
fireplaces. Cabin #1 has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 6-8. The
Big Log Cabin is open concept and sleeps up to 10. Dish
TV with VCR. The Lodge sleeps 15-20 in 3 separate
sleeping areas. Pet Friendly. On the snowmobile trails.
- Keyes Lake Campground and Mini-Golf. Camping & Pro Mini-Golf. Camping with Modern Facilities, Beautiful Wooded Sites, & 18 Hole Pro Mini Golf. We have 33 sites and 2 Sleeping Cabins, a camp store and WI-FI. The Mini Golf is the largest course in the area. Located 3 ½ miles south of Florence on Highway 101. ATV Trail Access. Open year round. You and your family are invited to enjoy a quiet memorable vacation at Keyes Lake Campground and Mini-Golf, N4018 Highway 101, Florence, WI 54121. Phone: 715-528-4907 or 1-800-264-8071
- Kosirs Rapid
Rafts and Campground, W14073 Cty Hwy. C,
Silver Cliff, Athelstane, WI 54104. 1-715-757-3431. Raft the Wild
Peshtigo and the Mighty Menominee Rivers then stay at
- Lakeside Bar, Grill, and Motel is located by Little Newton Lake near Crivitz, Wisconsin. The motel offers 2-bedroom suites with a kitchen/ living area and satellite TV. Pets welcome. Little Newton Lake is across the road with a nice beach and boat launch. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. The Bar and Grill offers family dining with sandwiches, soups, homemade pizza, salads, chicken & fish dinners and your favorite beverage. N11120 Newton Lake Road, Athelstane, WI 54104. Phone: 715-757-2122
- McCaslin Mountain Campground is located on 300 acres bordering the Nicolet National Forest, an ideal location for wonderful outdoor recreation. There are 48 electric and water hook-ups and 80 rustic sites. All have picnic tables & fire rings. Modern Shower House. Seasonal sites and yearly mobile home sites available. Rustic 2 bedroom log housekeeping cabin. Camp Store, snack bar, and mini-golf. Guided deer, bear, and turkey hunts. Direct access to Oconto County ATV Trails. W15720 County Highway F, Silver Cliff, WI 54104. Phone: 715-757-3734 or 715-757-2561
- Mohawk Resort, N7900 Lake Noquebay Road, Crivitz, WI 54114. 715-854-7824 located 4 miles east of Crivitz. Wisconsin, on the west end of beautiful Lake Noquebay. We have a new year round 3-bedroom vacation home and eight spacious 2 and 4 bedroom lake front cottages. There is 500 feet of beautiful sandy beach for swimming and boating. Boat launch. On the snowmobile and ATV trails.
- North Shore Campground is located on Lac Vieux Desert near the border between Land Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The campground offers 42 sites with electric and water hook-ups in a wooded area by the lake. Sand bottomed beach with docks for your boat. Modern shower house. Wi-Fi. Laundromat. Camp Store. 3-bedroom cabin and 2-bedroom RV for rent. North Shore Campground, E248885 Misery Bay Road, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 906-544-2188
- Pine Acres Resort
Lodge * Marina * Motel, N10184 Parkway Rd.,
Crivitz, WI 54114, 715-757-3894, on High Falls Flowage in
the Crivitz Wisconsin Twin Bridge Waters Area. Year round
relaxation at a unique family resort. 1, 2, or 3 bedroom
cottages, modern vacation homes, overlook units, and a 6
unit motel. Lodge with dining room and bar serving
sandwiches, pizza, beverages, and breakfast on the
weekends. Waterfront docking. Boats, motors. canoes, and
paddle boat rentals. Seasonal slip rentals for pontoons.
Wilderness setting of abundant forests, water and
wildlife. Fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, and
Condo Rentals offers 2 bedroom condos for rent
on the Peshtigo River, 15 miles northwest of Crivitz, WI.
These fully equipped air conditioned condos are located
between Caldron Falls and High Falls Flowage with dock
space for your boat. The living area has a gas fireplace,
27' TV with VCR & DVD players, and two sofa sleepers.
Great fishing right off the dock. On the Iron Snow Shoe
Trail. N10907 Peshtigo River Road, Crivitz, WI. Phone
- Sweet Emma’s, located on the Manitowish River in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin, is a comfortable vacation home with 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a screened-in 3-season porch. Satellite TV. Direct access to snowmobile and the Vilas County Bike Trail System. Walking distance to dining and shopping. Sweet Emma’s, 5657 County Road M, Boulder Junction, WI 55412. Phone: 715-385-2136
- Silver Cliff Rental Cabins and Campground is located in Silver Cliff, Wisconsin, just 30 miles northwest of Crivitz, WI and 29 miles northeast of Lakeland in northeastern Wisconsin. A wonderful spot for outdoor enthusiasts with a wide variety or recreational opportunities awaiting you. One bedroom cabins are air conditioned and have Direct TV. Cabins sleep from 4-to 6 guests. ATV trails at the door. Near the Peshtigo River and the Nicolet National Forest. Silver Cliff Camp, W14301 Highway C, Athelstane, WI 54104. Phone: 262-366-1376
Rafting Resort, Paintball, Campground, and
Parkway Road, Athelstane, WI 54104. Phone: 715-757-3311.
Experience the most thrilling, challenging Whitewater
Rafting in the Midwest on the Roaring Rapids section of
the Peshtigo River. Rafting trips daily from April
through October. Funyaks. Volleyball, Fishing, Swimming,
Biking, and Hiking. Campground with 40 wooded electric
and water sites. New 3 bedroom cabin that sleeps 10 and
three modern 2 bedroom cabins with complete kitchens.
Cabins open year round for snowmobiling, ice fishing, and
- Wildman Adventure Resort, N12080 Allison Lane, Athelstane, WI
54104. Phone: 715-757-2938. Whitewater Rafting in
northeastern Wisconsin on the Peshtigo and Menominee
Rivers at Piers Gorge. Camping and Cabins. Great Adventures for outdoor enthusiasts at our Peshtigo Outpost and the Menominee River Outpost. Zip Line, Kayak Trips, High Ropes Course, Rock Climbing, plus much more. Great Family Vacation. On the
Pine Lodge Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Rental
Parkway Road, Pound, WI. Phone. 920-897-4417. Four newly
constructed year round cabins nestled in a secluded
wooded area that sleep up to 6. Air conditioned.
Weekly and daily rentals. Across the road from White
Potato Lake for swimming, water sports, and fishing. ATV
trails just a short distance and snowmobile trails leave
from the cabin door. The Lodge Restaurant is open from
May to November serving lunch and dinner daily and
breakfast on weekends. Pets Welcome. Cabins are open year
- Woods and Water
located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes, 9 miles north of
Land O' Lakes near Watersmeet, MI. This perfect
Northwoods Retreat was built in 2004 and has 5 bedrooms
and 3 bathrooms and will sleep up to 15 guests. The
vacation home features hardwood floors, air conditioning,
a game room, and a fieldstone gas fireplace. Large screen
Dish TV. Wireless internet access. Complete kitchen with
a dishwasher. Laundry room. 600' of sand frontage on a
crystal clear lake with great swimming, water sports, and
fishing. By the Ottawa National Forest for hiking and
hunting. Snowmobile trail access from the back door and
cross-country ski trails are nearby. Phone:
- North Central Wisconsin
including the towns of Arbor Vitae, Boulder Junction,
Butternut, Crandon, Eagle River, Fifield, Hurley, Lac du Flambeau,
Land O' Lakes, Manitowish Waters, Minocqua, Park Falls, Phillips, Presque
Isle, Rhinelander, St. Germain, Three Lakes, & Upson.
Vacation Rentals of Cabin, Cottages, Lodges, Resorts, Motels, Hotels, Inns, B&B's, Vacation Homes, and Condos. Many lodgings are on inland lakes. Most are open year round with easy access to snowmobile & cross-country trails. A variety of accommodations are available for your vacation or business trip to Northern Wisconsin. Northwoods Chapter of the Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging
Upper Peninsula (Highway US-45 near Watersmeet, just across the Wisconsin Upper Peninsula border)
Resort, 4593 Old US 45 South, Paulding, MI
49912. Phone: 906-827-3208. Located 8 miles north of
Watersmeet. Running Bear Resort offers six comfortable
newly remodeled one and two bedroom cabins with air
conditioning, dish TV, and full kitchens with new
appliances. Campground RV sites have water and electric
(30 amp) hook-ups. (RV's need to be self-contained,
outhouse available). Conveniently located near
outstanding outdoor recreation, Running Bear Resort is
surrounded by the Ottawa National Forest and near the
Bond Falls Flowage and the Sylvania Wilderness. Easy
access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Pets Welcome.
LODGING in Iron
Michigan and Watersmeet, MI at the Wisconsin-Michigan
Bar and Grill, N9464 Parkway Rd., Twin Gridge Area, Crivitz, WI, 54114.
715-757-2021.Nice selection of sandwiches and Glenn's
hand-tossed Pizza. Opem year round. On the trail.
Lakeside Bar, Grill, and Motel is located by Little Newton Lake near Crivitz, Wisconsin. The Bar and Grill offers family dining with sandwiches, soups, homemade pizza, salads, chicken & fish dinners and your favorite beverage. On the trails. N11120 Newton Lake Road, Athelstane, WI 54104. Phone: 715-757-2122
Mohawk Restaurant on Lake Noquebay. N7900 Lake Noquebay Road, Crivitz, WI 54114. Phone: 715-854-7824. Serving lunch and dinner with your favorite beverage. Stop by and enjoy the delicious items on our menu created by our new chef John. Waterfront docking.
Pine Acres Resort
* Lodge * Marina * Motel
on High Falls Flowage
in the Twin Bridge area, N10184 Parkway Rd., Crivitz, WI
54114, Phone: 715-757-3894. Our Lodge is open to the
public and serves hamburgers, brats, and pizza along with
your favorite beverage from our bar. Summer specials
include spaghetti dinner on Tuesday, and Thursday is
Pizza Buffet night. Breakfast served Saturday and Sunday.
Snacks and ice cream. Relax in front of our fireplace or
play a game of pool. Waterfront docking.
Pine Lodge Restaurant & Gift
Parkway Road, Pound, WI. Phone. 920-897-4417. The Lodge
Restaurant is open from May to November serving lunch and
dinner daily and breakfast on weekends. Hand-dipped ice
cream cones and Hilltop Pizza.
FLORENCE, SPREAD EAGLE, WI
Annie's Trading Post on Keyes Lake south of Florence, WI. Enjoy dining and your favorite beverage. Serving sandwiches, specialty soups, & salads for lunch, and a full menu for dinner including Pasta, Pizza, Steaks, Chicken, Pork, Seafood, plus Saturday night specials. Summer: Open daily 11am to 9pm. Labor Day to Spring: Tuesday and Wednesday: (Closed for lunch) Open 4 pm to 9 pm. Thursday through Sunday: 11am to 9 pm. 5203 Keyes Lake Drive, Florence, WI. Phone: (715) 528-2170.
Chuckwagon Bar & Grill in Spread Eagle,
Florence County, WI for food & beverages. Open daily at
11 am serving a wide variety of sandwiches, homemade
soup, chili, your favorite beverages, and a delicious
Fish Fry on Friday. Bring the family . Take out
available. On the north side of Highway US-2 at the
intersection of Carpenter Road in Spread Eagle, WI.
Phone: 715-696-6220. Snowmobile & ATV trail across
the road with easy access.
LAND O' LAKES, WI
Gateway Lodge Restaurant and Lounge Enjoy a unique dining experience in the beautiful and historic Gateway Lodge Restaurant 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321. Serving dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
MANITOWISH WATERS, WI
Aberdeen Restaurant & Bar offers casual dining in a comfortable log lodge overlooking the lake and our rustic lounge serves your favorite beverage. We also offer an open-air patio and a private screened-in porch. Visit our website for our menu. Open Thursday through Sunday for dinner, lunch served Saturday and Sunday. Closed Tuesday & Wednesday. Aberdeen Restaurant & Bar, 5325 Aberdeen Lodge Circle, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545. Phone: 75-543-8700.
Ye Olde SHILLELAGH IRISH PUB Serving Food and Spirits. Family friendly. Our menu has a variety of sandwiches, appetizers, soup, salads, our famous Irish Stew, Shepherds Pie, and “Build Your Own Pizza”. Daily specials. Over 35 Irish Spirits and Guinness for a taste of Ireland. Outdoor seating. Music Sunday at 6pm. Open daily at 11 am. 14202 Tower Road, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545. Phone: 715-543-2340
for More Information
Back to Northern Wisconsin
Back to Home Page: Exploring
by Vivian Wood, webmaster. All Rights
Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of
1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in
whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster.
All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Vivian
Wood. Web site created on an Apple G-4.