The Northwoods Chapter of the
Wisconsin Innkeeper's Association
offers lodging in the towns and cities located on this
This map is not drawn to scale, but will give you the
general idea of the location of the towns and the major
highways. Lake Superior is in the northern left corner with
highways leading south to Green Bay and Madison, east to
Lake Michigan, and west to Minnesota.
- ARBOR VITAE
Crown Lodge on the shores of Trout Lake. Ideal
for your corporate retreats & conferences. Fine
dining. 3852 Hwy 51 N., Arbor Vitae, WI 54568. Phone:
- BOULDER JUNCTION
Lodge & Motel. At Acorn Lodge and Hotel we are Guest Rated #1 in Boulder Junction! Our high standards for quality & cleanliness are second to none! Warm, comfortable, great Northwood's ambiance, new flat screens HDTVs, you won't be disappointed. Conveniently located in the center of town. Check out out website for all the great things we have to offer. 10370 Main Street, P.O.
Box 155, Boulder Junction, WI 54512. Phone: 715-385-2150
Lodge. Housekeeping cabins on Little Crooked
Lake. A fishing and family resort. Pets
welcome. 6235 Evergreen Lane, Boulder Junction, WI 54512.
Phone: 715-385-2132 or 877-947-2132.
- Best Western Inn of Crandon is located just off Highway 8 in downtown Crandon. The inn offers 46 spacious guest rooms with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Complimentary breakfast, fitness center, indoor pool, and high speed internet. Pets Welcome. Best Western Inn of Crandon, 9075 E. Pioneer Street, Crandon, WI. Phone: 715-478-4000
Four Seasons Motel features 20 comfortable
newly decorated rooms with individual heat and A/C
controls. Cable TV and free in-room coffee. Golfing and
casinos nearby. 304 W Glen Street, Crandon, WI 54520.
Phone: (715) 478-3377.
- Mole Lake Lodge & Conference Center at the Mole Lake Casino. The newly built Lodge offers 75 spacious rooms & suites in a Northwoods atmosphere. Aquatic center featuring a pool, whirlpool, arcade, and a fitness center. Restaurant and Lounge. Wi-Fi. The Conference Center accommodates groups up to 230. 3084 State Highway 55, Crandon, WI 54520. Phone: 1-877-478-5772 5772 or 715-478-3200
Gypsy Villa Resort, Modern villas with
complete kitchens located on a 100-acre island Villas
have 200' of waterfront and private pier. 938 Gypsy Villa Lane, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone 715-479-8644 or
Western Derby Inn Spacious guest rooms and
suites. Indoor heated pool, hot tub and sauna.
Complimentary continental breakfast. Pet rooms. 1800
Highway 45 North, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone:
1-888-499-0403 or 715-479-1600.
Inn is located 4 blocks from downtown with a
view of the river. Pet friendly. Recently updated rooms
with refrigerators, coffee makers, & microwaves. Wireless internet.
Decks on the water with boat docks available. Stay 3 nights, 4th night free. 431 North
Railroad Street, Eagle River, WI 54521-8830. Phone: (715)
& Hillcrest House, Motel and Suites. One
& two bedroom apartment suites located on Highway 45
South. Daily or weekly rentals. 938 Gypsy Villa lane, Eagle
River, WI. Phone 715-479-8644.
Inn overlooking Lake Voyager. Motel rooms,
suites, condos, & private villas. Two beaches,
waterfront boardwalk, and walking trails. Full service
restaurant & lounge overlooking the lake.1458 E
Dollar Lake Road, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone: (715)
479-4486 or 800-752-9193
Eagle Waters Resort: Four-season historic resort located on Eagle Lake part of the chain of 28 lakes. Choose from traditional hotel style rooms, one, two and three bedroom suites (up to 2800 sq.ft.). We also offer lake – front, lake-view and wood-view cabins that can sleep up to 20 people. 3958 Eagle Waters Road, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone: (715) 479-4411 or (800) 892-8377
Forest Resort and Club The perfect vacation destination on the Eagle River - Three Lakes Chain of 28 lakes. We offer condominium rentals and timeshare resales of our 24 lakeside condominiums. With peaceful lake views and wildlife at your door, our 2-bedroom, 2-bath condos are perfectly situated in an idyllic setting allowing you to experience everything the Northwoods has to offer! Indoor pool, 9-hole golf course, free boat docking, free row boats and canoes, cross-country ski on-site, snowmobile from your front door. Free Wi-Fi. Condominiums at Lake Forest Resort are designed to bring you all the comforts of home. We provide everything you need for a stress-free, fun-filled vacation! 1531 Golf View Road, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone: 715-479-2455
Resort on Dam Lake and vacation home rentals
on the Sugar Camp Chain-of-lakes., located between Eagle
River and Minocqua. 2-5 bedroom lakeside vacation homes.
8250 Maplewood Lane, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone:
715-479-8477. Toll Free: 1-800-793-8477
- FIFIELD (near Park Falls)
Mason Lake Resort American Plan Resort on over
2600 private acres and several lakes. Eighteen cabins
with meals and maid service. Playground, recreation
building, fishing, & swimming beach. Pets welcome.
N12351 Boyds Road, Fifield, WI. 54524. Phone: (715)
- LAC du FLAMBEAU
- Dillman's Bay Resort is a nostalgic resort on the shores of White Sand Lake in Northern Wisconsin - just 12 miles from Minocqua. This classic vacation paradise offers a peninsula with full marina, tennis courts, playground, four beaches, picnic grounds, creative workshops taught by renowned instructors and space to relax. We offer lakeside log cabins with 1-4 bedrooms, some with fireplaces.13277 Dillman's Way, Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin 54538.
- Lake of the torches Resort For over 20 years, Lake of the Torches Resort Casino has been the premier gaming, dining and entertainment destination to call your home away from home with the feel of a classic Northern retreat that reflects its Ojibwe culture and heritage. Highway 47, Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538. Phone: 1-800-25-TORCH.
- LAND O' LAKES
Lodge offers 72 newly renovated suites and
studios, indoor heated pool, hot tub, and a redwood
sauna. Free continental breakfast. Restaurant & Lounge. 4103 Highway B, Land O' Lakes,
54540. Phone: (715) 547-3321
- Sunrise Lodge is s a four season family resort located on the west shore of Lac Vieux Desert. 24 units with 1-6 bedrooms. Free Wi-Fi. Handicap accessible units. Rental boats available. Restaurant in the lodge is open to the public. Pets Welcome. 5894 West Shore, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3684
- MANITOWISH WATERS
- Chippewa Retreat Resort is located on the beautiful banks of Lake Manitowish. The all seasons resort is surrounded by miles and miles of natural scenic beauty ideal for waters ports, excellent fishing, or any type of outdoor activity. We offer our guests a choice of fully equipped accommodations including Lakeside Villas, Lakeview Villas and Treetop Villas. 37 Deer Park Road, Manitowish Waters, WI. 54545. Phone: (715)-715-8111 or (877)-937-3664
- Voss's Birchwood Lodge has been offering the kind of vacation that brings people back year after year. Voss' Birchwood Lodge offers a wide variety of accommodations ranging from guest rooms and suites in the main lodge, guest lodging in cottages with one or two bedrooms, or modern summer home cottages complete with kitchen facilities - all overlooking the bay of Spider Lake in Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin. Restaurant. Seasonal. Voss' Birchwood Lodge, US Hwy 51, P.O. Box 456,
Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
- The Beacons of Minocqua is a four-seasons condominium resort located on the quiet side of Make Minocqua. We offer one, two, and three bedroom condominiums in addition to log cabins, a cottage, and hotel units with unique style. We offer comfortable lodging plus a variety of amenities for a fun-filled vacation. Boat rentals . Free Wi-Fi. Located within 13 acres of pine trees and peaceful shores at 8250 Northern Road, Minocqua, WI 54548. Phone: 715-356-5515 or 800-236-3225
View Inn on Lake Minocqua. Guest rooms with a
magnificent view of the lake. Sand bottom swimming area
and docking facilities for your boat. Chain of 5 lakes
for fishing. 8555 Highway 51, Minocqua, WI 54548. Phone:
1-715-356-9610 Toll Free for Reservations:
Western Plus Concord Inn Nestled in the Island City of Minocqua, WI - - is the newly renovated Best Western Plus Concord Inn. Our 100 smoke-free hotel is located downtown and is within walking distance to shops, pubs, restaurants, and night life. We are also across the street from Male Minocqua and Torpy Park/Beach. And we are 100% Trip Advisor Recommended! Like us on Facebook: Best Western Plus Concord Inn. 320 Front
Street, Minocqua, Wisconsin, 54548, Phone: 715-356-1800
Blue Lake Pines Lodge is located on 10 acres of grounds with 500' of frontage on beautiful Blue Lake. Comfortable newly remodeled lakeside suites. . . perfect for family getaways or a two-person escape. Each 1 or 2 bedroom suite includes a full kitchenette, air conditioning, heat, satellite TV, Wi-Fi Internet access, and a telephone. 7650 Blue Lake Pines Road, Minocqua, WI 54548. Phone: 602-432-3023 or 877-644-4322 toll free
Pines Resort, on Long Lake. Housekeeping
cottages on a Chain of 4 Lakes. Family friendly,
four-season lakeside resort. Located only 1 mile from
downtown Phillips. N8885 Cemetery Rd. Phillips, WI 54555.
- PRESQUE ISLE
Resor of Presque Isle on Van Vliet Lake, part of the Presque
Isle Chain of Lakes. Log housekeeping cabins and motel
units with a view of the lake. 7151 Crab Lake Road,
Presque Isle, WI 5455. Phone: 877-888-6805 or
Americas Best Value Inn of Rhinelander is located on the shores of the Wisconsin River, close to several local attractions. The Inn offers 42 newly furnished guest rooms with high speed internet access, cable TV, and a complimentary breakfast. Pet rooms. Ample parking. Restaurant nearby. Americas Best Value inn of Rhinelander, 667 W. Kemp Street, Rhinelander, WI 54501. Phone: 715-369-5880
Fireside Resort Clean, comfortable, completely furnished one and two bedroom cottages. Sand beach with gradual slope and swim raft. Lakeside bar and game room. free Wi-Fi. Many activities on site including tennis, shuffleboard, and free se of kayaks, paddleboats, paddleboards, and canoe. 14' boat included with each cottage. Pontoon boat & outboard rental available. Look for us in the southwest bay of Lake George, 4 miles east of Rhinelander, WI. 4268 County Road P, Rhinelander, WI. 54501.
Comfort Inn of Rhinelander offers a variety of rooms including family and whirlpool suites. Some rooms offer refrigerators and microwaves. Wi-Fi. Free hot breakfast. Indoor heated pool, spa, and sauna. The Comfort Inn is located within easy walking distance of shops and dining. Pets allowed by permission for a small fee. 1490 Lincoln St., Rhinelander, WI, US, 54501. Phone: (715) 369-1100
Days Inn and Suites of Rhinelander in downtown
Rhinelander is a full service hotel with guest rooms and
suites, cable TV, and high-speed internet access. Indoor
heated pool, hot tub, exercise facility, and meeting
center. Elevator. Onsite full service restaurant and
lounge. Pets limited to a maximum of 75 pounds. 70 N
Stevens Street, Rhinelander, Wisconsin, 54501. Phone:
Acres Resort & Motel on Lake Thompson.
Motel guest rooms, cottages, and vacation homes. Indoor
pool with sauna. Sandy beach. Dining room. Located 3
miles north of Rhinelander. 4060 S Shore Dr. Rhinelander,
WI 54501. Phone: 715-369-1500 or
Resort on Lake George. Cabins and 4
two-bedroom condo units. Some cabins have fireplaces.
Sandy swimming beach. 4150 Saturit Lane - Lake George,
Rhinelander, WI 54501. Phone: 715-362-3794 or
- St. GERMAIN
- Bayview Resort on Little St. Germain Lake. Enjoy our sandy bottom shoreline and fabulous sunsets. 5 two- bedroom waterfront cottages and a 3 bedroom vacation home. Cable TV. In-room phones. Picnic table & charcoal grill. Level frontage with swim raft. 1330 Halberstadt Rd.St. Germain WI 54558. Phone: (715) 479-5778 or Phone: (800) 563-4340
Bear Lodge on Little St. Germain Lake.
2-bedroom Lodge Homes, 1, 2, & 3-bedroom cottages,
and 1-bedroom suites. Sand beaches. High-speed internet
access. 1330 Halberstadt Rd. St. Germain, WI 54558.
Phone: 800-563-4340 or 715-479-5778
Cedaroma Lodge on Little St. Germain Lake offers 7 lakeside cottage with 1,2 or3 bedrooms. Enjoy 275’ of sandy, level beach. Excellent swimming, fish cleaning house, piers, rowboats, canoe, kayak, SUP, Sunfish sailboat, bicycles and playground. Cable TV & WiFi included. Stay where Fun is in our Nature, year round! Some pet friendly units. Find us at 1011 Cedaroma Drive at Hwy 70, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-479-1040. New Owners.
Hours Resort on Little St. Germain Lake.
Vacation homes with 2-5 bedrooms. Beach has sandy bottom
for swimming.Wireless internet access on premise. Sorry,
no pets. 7403 E Birchwood Dr. St. Germain, WI 54558.
Phone: 715-542-3765 or 800-221-7699
Landing Resort on Pickerel Lake. Fully
equipped cottages with 2 & 3 bedrooms, Direct TV, and
a 14' aluminum boat. Motors are available for rent. 6978
Pickerel Lake Road, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone:
Manor Lodge offers deluxe guest rooms with
free breakfast buffet. High-speed wireless internet
access. Large indoor swimming pool and hot tub spa.
Hospitality room. 6343 Hwy 70 East, St. Germain, WI
54558. Phone: 715-479-9776 or 800-272-9776.
Bay Resort & Condominiums on Little St.
Germain Lake offers 2 and 3 bedroom Vacation Homes located on the beach and 4 townhomes with 2 bath, A/C and washer/dryer. Vacation homes feature spacious living rooms with cable TV, stone wood-burning or gas fireplaces, full size bathrooms, full kitchens, and thermostatically controlled heat. 600' sand beach with boat ramp and dockage. Tennis court, Gift Shop, and Playground. On the Bo-Boen Snowmobile Trail. 1276 Halberstadt Road, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-479-8866 or 866-206-8866.
St. Germain Bed and Breakfast. Friendly, comfortable 4 level home situated on 3 acres of wooded land. Three different uniquely decorated rooms with private baths. Full country breakfast. The Great Room offers TV, VRC, DVD & stereo, movies to watch, microwave, fridge & wet bar. Great for family reunions or small business getaways. 6255 Highway 70 E, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-479-8007 or toll free: 800-479-8007
Waters Resort on Big St. Germain Lake. 1, 2,
& 3 bedroom lakeside cottages with cable TV and full
kitchens. Most cottages have fireplaces. Snowmobile or
cross country ski from your door. 8560 Inlet Road, St
Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-542-3846.
Lodge offers 30 comfortable Guest Rooms and Suites located on the ground floor. Rooms have a standard tub with whirlpool jets, cable TV, microwave, refrigerator, and private outdoor patio. Some rooms with a gas-fireplace. Heated indoor swimming pool,spa and exercise room. Complementary continental breakfast and guest laundry. High speed wireless internet. The perfect combination of warm hospitality and atmosphere, all in the quiet of the Northwoods. Come golf, fish, bike, snowmobile, ski. . . or dine, shop and relax. 8918 St. Hwy 70 West. St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 800-236-0460.
Northernaire Resort is located on Deer Lake, part of the Three Lakes / Eagle River Chain of Lakes where guests will find 4 seasons of family fun. The Northernaire Resort offers 1, 2, & 3 bedroom fully furnished condos, cabins, and vacation homes. Free Wi-Fi. Indoor pool & hot tub, tennis court, bar & lounge. 699 Bengs Road, Three Lakes, WI 54562. Phone: 715-546-2700
Village Inn in downtown Three Lakes. Motel
rooms with cable TV, individual heat & A/C, phones,
and wake up calls. Dining room & Lounge. 1785
Superior Street Three Lakes, WI 54562. Phone:
715-546-3373 or 800-374-7443
The Northwoods Chapter of the
Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association
- Potawatomi: Carter Casino and Hotel. Lodging, gambling, dining, conference facilities and more. 99 guest rooms and suites and 10 RV parking spaces. Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi, and Sauna.We offer a Sports Bar and Grill, the Springs Restaurant, plus your favorite games. 618 670 State Highway 32, Wabeno, WI 54566. Phone: (715) 473-2021 or (800) 487-9522
Welcomes you to Northern Wisconsin
We offer a wide variety of accommodations in the north
woods of Northern Wisconsin
A peaceful land of woods and waters
Enjoy a Wisconsin Vacation!
The Northern Wisconsin
Traveler Home Page
Photo Credit: Exploring the North
Copyright 2008 by Char Simons,
webmaster. All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under
the Copyright Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not
be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner. Unless
authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of any picture,
web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is
a copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in
and to the material on these web pages, the web site, in
whole or in part, and in and to this url and the urls
contained within, is the property of the webmaster. All
website design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement
thereof are the copyrighted works of Char Simons. Web site
created on an Apple G-4