Canoe, Kayak, Waverunner, & Boat
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Businesses offer shuttle service and spotting service.
Boat Rentals offer delivery to local
Enjoy the beauty of the U.P. as you canoe or kayak a remote river or paddle around the shoreline of an inland lake.
Rent a pontoon boat and explore the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and Munising Bay.
- Autrain River &
AuTrain Lake near Munising Paddle the
AuTrain River or AuTrain Lake. Scenic Trips through the
Hiawatha National Forest. See wildlife, enjoy the birds, or
just relax. Trips from 1 to 6 hours. Trips offer shuttle
service. Rentals are located 1 mile south of Highway M-28 on
the AuTrain-Forest Lake Road
River Canoe and Kayak Rentals at Curley's
Forest Lake Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:
Resort Canoe, Kayak, and Boat Rentals in
AuTrain. N7979 AuTrain Forest Lake Road Phone:
MI Located 5
miles north of Hancock, MI in the Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Copper Country
Rentals offers Wave Runners & Jet Boats
with delivery available. Mine Street Station, Calumet, MI
49913. Call 906-281-0567
- Copper Harbor
- Keweenaw Adventure Company offers Sea Kayak, Canoe, and Mountain Bike Rentals, Outfitting, Guided Biking, Hiking, and Kayak Tours, and Shuttle Service. Copper Harbor has a world class mountain bike trail system as well as the exciting waters of Lake Superior for sea kayaking, including trips to Isle Royale. Keweenaw Adventure Company, 155 Gratiot Street (U.S. 41), Copper Harbor, MI. 49918. Phone: 906-289-4303
MI, The Manistique Lakes
Area. Rentals for Big Manistique Lake, South Manistique
Lake, plus other area lakes.
and Hunt Shop offers Canoe, Kayak, and
Boat Rentals. W17148 Main
Street, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: 906-586-9531
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on South Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers pontoon boat, 18' pleasure boat, and fishing boat rentals. N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
- Grand Marais, MI on Lake Superior
- Kayak Rentals at Grand Marais Outfitters. Rentals of single & double kayaks, single & double sea kayaks, and canoes. Agents of Uncle Ducky Outdoors, LLC, Marquette, MI. Phone toll free: 877-228-5447.
- Grand Marais Outfitters. We have camping and hiking supplies, fishing gear, backpacks, paddling supplies, clothing, plus much more. Rentals of kayaks and canoes. N14277 Lake Avenue, Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: 907-494-3333
- Houghton &
Hancock, the gateway to the Keweenaw
- Houghton PowerSports is your headquarters for rentals of boats, pontoons, outboard motors, & trailers. Phone: 906-483-4831 or Toll Free: 888-531.0779 to reserve your boat. Houghton Power Sports is located just west of Highway 26 at 1550 Brickyard Lane, Houghton MI 49931
- M & M Power
Sports Pontoon Boat Rentals. 90 Navy
Street by the Portage Lift Bridge, Hancock, MI 49930.
- Iron Mountain MI,
Spread Eagle, WI, & Florence WI
Sports. Boat Rentals with delivery to nearby lakes. 1804 N. Stepnenson Ave. (Hwy US-2), Iron
Mountain, MI 49801 Phone: 906-779-1771 or Toll Free:
- Wild Rivers
Adventure Company, 209 Central Avenue,
Florence, WI 54121 Phone: 715-952-8027. Rentals of
Hurricane Kayaks and River Tubes.
- Ironwood, Michigan.
- Cloverland Motorsports in Ironwood, MI offers waverunner rentals. Authorized Polaris Dealer. Sales, Service, Parts, & Accessories. Located on Highway US-2, only 1 mile from Hurley in the western Upper Peninsula. Phone: (800) 932-1202 or (906) 932-1202.
- Lake Gogebic-Marinesco
- Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers rental pontoon boats, fishing boats, canoes, and kayaks. Half day, full day, or weekly rentals. Bear's Nine Pines Resort, N9426 State Hwy M-64, Marinesco, MI 49947 Phone: 906-842-3361
- Lake Superior Sea Kayaking
Ducky Paddling Adventures
Superior Sea Kayaking trips include the Pictured Rocks
National Lakeshore, the Hiawatha Water Trail from Big Bay
to Munising. Phone: 877-228-5447
Marquette, MI &
Big Bay, MI (25 miles north of
Marquette on Lake Independence.
Kayak, Sea Kayak, Canoe, and Outfitting Gear Rentals at Uncle Ducky Outdoors. 321 S. Lakeshore Blvd, Marquette, MI. Phone toll free: 877-228-5447. Paddle on Lake Superior or inlanad lakes and streams.
Power Sports, Boat Rentals with delivery. 4250 US 41
West, Marquette, MI. Phone: 906-228-4040 or Toll
- Menominee River
Country: Dickinson & Iron County MI and Florence WI for the Brule, Pine, Popple, Menominee, Michigamme,
Twin Falls Reservoir (Badwater Lake). South Central Upper Peninsula
- Wild Rivers
Adventure Company Hurricane Kayak Rentals; 209
Central Avenue, Florence, WI 54121 Phone: 715-952-8027.
- Munising, MI on Lake Superior
- Single and Tandem Kayak, Canoes, and Fishing Boat Rentals available in Munising for use on Munising Bay or inland lakes and streams. Camping packages available.Agents of Uncle Ducky Outdoors, LLC
Superior Pontoon Boat Rentals rents new 24’ pontoon boats for exploring Munising Bay, the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore, and Grand Island in Lake Superior. 1/2 day and full day rentals. Pontoons are equipped with 50hp, 4-stroke motors and are safety inspected and Coast Guard Approved. Marine radios. Call now to reserve your boat for fun on the water. (906) 387-3100. Located on the west side of Munising at 1208 Commercial Street.
MI: Lake Superior State
Forest. Rentals for The Two Hearted River
Lodge Canoe & Kayak Rentals for the Two
Hearted River: 32752 County Road 423, Newberry, MI 49868.
Phone: (906) 658-3357. Sorry, Closed for renovations
Here for Guided &
Self-Guided Tours in the Upper Peninsula
- Newberry- Paradise:
Paddle the Tahquamenon
- The Woods
Canoe and Kayak Rental Highway M-123, at the
corner of M-123 and Fordney Tower Road. Phone: 906-203-7624.
- Sault Ste. Marie - Barbeau
- Riverview Resort and Deepwater Marina offers dock rental, boat & motor rental, travel boat lift, motor repair, and a variety of other services. 4 two-bedroom housekeeping cabins overlooking the St. Mary's River. Located halfway between Sault Ste. Marie and DeTour Village at the north end of Munuscong Bay. Excellent fishing. 17999 S Scenic Drive, Barbeau, Michigan 49710. Phone 906-647-3033
- Van Riper State Park (Lake Michigamme) & Craig Lake State Park
- Rentals of single and double kayaks and canoes at the Concession Stand at Van Riper State Park for use on Lake Michigamme or on Craig Lake. Agents of Uncle Ducky Outdoors, LLC. Phone: 906-228-5447.
Guided Tours in the
Upper Peninsula Traveler
Photo by Nicole: Kayaking on the
© 2010 by Char Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster.
All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Char
Simons. Made on a Mac!