Country Inns, and Vacation Rentals in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Offering a ONE NIGHT STAY.
Listed by Town or
- Baraga, MI
- Baraga Lakeside Inn on the shores of Keweenaw Bay in Lake Superior. 68 guest rooms with cable TV and Wi-Fi. Some rooms overlook the Bay for a stunning view. The restaurant is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lounge. Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna. Fitness Room. Docking facilities next door. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Baraga Lakeside Inn, 900 U.S. 41 South, Baraga, MI.
Phone: 906-353-7123 or toll Free: 855-541-5953.
- Lake Gogebic Motel and Snowmobile Rental is located at the north end of Lake Gogebic in the town of Bergland. The motel offers 17 guest rooms accommodating 1 to 7 guests. All rooms have Wi-Fi and Cable TV. Direct trail access. Gas next door. Pets Welcome. Renting 2020 Ski-Doo Snowmobiles. Lake Gogebic Motel, 456 North Street at the corner with M-28. Phone 906-575-3262.
- Calumet, MI (15 miles north of Houghton/Hancock in the Keweenaw Peninsula)
- Trailside Lodge is located on Highway US-41, on the north side of Calumet, MI. The lodge offers 28 newly renovated rooms with cable TV, microwave, fridge, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. At door parking with large parking lot for your vehicles. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails with ATV/UTV and Snowmobile rentals at the office. Wonderful riding in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the many attractions
in the Keweenaw National Historic Park. Pets Welcome. Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905
MI (on Lake
Superior near the Pictured Rocks and Grand
- Christmas Motel in Christmas, Michigan offers 8 newly redecorated rooms and suites on 6 acres of wooded land next to the Hiawatha National Forest. Guest rooms have queen or double beds, Cable TV, and coffee in each room. Secluded grassy area behind motel with a grill, picnic table, horseshoes, and a fire pit. Only 1/2 mile to restaurants, gift shops, gas, a convenience store, and
the casino. Easy ATV trail access. Phone: (906) 387-7100
- White Pine
Lodge, E7889 W.
M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111. Motel
guest rooms include double rooms with queen-sized beds,
king suites with mini-fridge and microwave, and single
rooms. All guest rooms have AC, Cable TV, and Wireless
Internet Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator. Oversize
Jacuzzi tub. Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast
with waffles. Adjoining gas station and convenience store
is open 24 hours daily. Next to Kewadin Casino and
Snowmobile & ATV Trail Head. Snowmobile & ATV Rentals.
MI . . . The
Manistiques Lakes Area
- Chamberlins Ole
Forest Inn, P.O. Box 307, Curtis, MI 49820,
800-292-0440 or 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique
Lake, a mile north of Curtis Michigan in the Eastern
Upper Peninsula. Full of history, updated in the '90s in
its decor, secluded, casual fine dining, 11
well-appointed guest rooms.
- CJ's Up North Inn, located on Main Street in downtown Curtis, offers 7 newly updated units that include 5 kitchenettes. All units have Wi-Fi and DirecTV. Conveniently located across from South Manistique Lake and near dining and shopping. Nightly and weekly rentals. Pets with prior approval. Snowmobile and ATV trail access. Phone: 906-586-2044.
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers a 4-unit year round motel for overnight guests or a short stay. The family friendly resort is newly renovated with new furnishings and flooring. Shallow, sandy bottomed swimming area and dock on South Manistique Lake. Enjoy swimming, fishing, and water sports. Boat rentals a
vailable at the resort. Sand and Stars Resort and Motel, N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
- Eagle Harbor, MI
- Shoreline Resort, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Eagle Harbor, offers a 8 unit Motel, a 2-bedroom cabin, and a 3-bedroom apartment. All accommodations have a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Sandy beach. Canoe, kayaks, and a paddle boat available. Pets Welcome. Shoreline Resort, 122 Front Street, Eagle Harbor, MI 49950. Phone: 906-289-4441
Corners/Cooks (by Big Bay de Noc on Lake
Highway US 2, Cooks MI
49817. Phone 906-644-2893.
All rooms have view of
Big Bay de Noc.
Sandy beach and swimming area on Lake
Michigan. Near Fayette. On the snowmobile trail and near ATV trails.
Plenty of parking for trailers. Good fishing and hunting.
Open year round. At the edge of the Hiawatha National
Forest. Pets accepted.
Houghton, and Calumet, MI
at the entrance to the Keweenaw
Copper Crown Motel, a Magnuson Hotel, 235 Hancock St., Hancock,
MI 49930. Phone 906-482-6111 or 1-800-925-7144 for
reservations. 46 room motel with indoor pool, whirlpool,
sauna, continental breakfast. Free wireless internet
access. Snowmobile from the parking lot.
Super 8 Motel of
Houghton, 1200 E. Lakeshore Drive, Houghton MI
49931. Phone 906-482-2240. 85 rooms. Free Super Start Breakfast, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Remote
Cable TV. Free Wireless Internet throughout theSuper 8. On Portage Lake. Boat docks and
fishing piers. 2 blocks from MTU. On the snowmobile
trail. Cross country skiing nearby.
- Hulbert, MI / Trout Lake, MI (Eastern Upper Peninsula)
- Tahquamenon Hotel. The Historic Tahquamenon Hotel offers 14 comfortable rooms, some with private bathrooms, for travelers to the area. Breakfast served Friday through Tuesday and daily during snowmobile season. Free Wi-Fi. Dining nearby. Stop and relax while you go fishing, hunting, ATVing, or snowmobiling with easy trail access. Pets Welcome. Tahquamenon Hotel, 10429 South Maple, Hulbert, MI 49748 Phone: 906-876-2388
- Iron Mountain. MI and Norway, MI (in the south central Upper
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites of Norway offers a variety of rooms, a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, complimentary continental breakfast, cable TV, and free wireless internet. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites is located in the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan near the Wisconsin-Michigan border and only a few miles east of Iron Mountain. Near many area businesses, attractions, and recreation. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Pet fr
iendly. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites W6002 US Hwy 2, Norway, MI 49870. Phone: 906-563-7500
Budget Host Inn
Iron Mountain, North US2, Iron Mountain, MI
49801. 906 774-6797. Motel
Units, Kitchenettes, Kitchen units,
and Apartments. Restaurant and supper
club nearby. High speed wireless internet. Near Lake
Antoine and other recreational facilities. Direct trail
Days Inn Iron Mountain, Newly renovated Inn has 45 rooms with Cable TV and Complimentary Day Break Breakfast. Free High Speed Wireless Internet. Heated Indoor Pool and Spa. Exercise facility. Guest Laundry. Large parking lot. Pets welcome. Located on the south side of Iron Mountain at 2001 S. Stephenson Ave. (US-2 & US-141), Iron Mountain, MI 49801. Phone: 906-774-2181
Motel, N 3957 N. US 2, Iron Mountain MI,
49801.906 774-6106. Economy Rates, Kitchenettes, Modern
motel units feature color cable TV, direct dial phones,
and wireless internet access. Located just 1 mile north
of Bay de Noc Community College. Major Credit Cards
- Iron River, MI and Crystal Falls, MI (in the south central Upper
- Bigfoot Hideaway Motel and Lodge is located in Crystal Falls, MI (South Central Upper Peninsula). The Bigfoot Hideaway offers 6 rooms, some decorated with a Bigfoot theme. All rooms include a mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, and HDMI cables to stream to TVs. Two designated pet rooms. Lodge accommodates up to 8 guests. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Gift Shop with a variety of Bigfoot items. Restaurant nearby. 1309 Highway US-2, C
rystal Falls, MI. Phone: 906 464-8506
- Manistique, MI
(on the shores of Lake Michigan)
Wolf Lodge, 6770W
US Highway 2, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: 906-341-2410.
Heated Indoor Pool, Spa, and Game Room. 40 comfortable
air-conditioned units, all with a view of Lake Michigan.
In-room high-speed internet service, cable TV, direct
dial phones, coffee makers, and hair dryers. Located two
miles east of Manistique with a private beach on Lake
Michigan. Directly on snowmobile trail. New
Motel, East US-2, Manistique, Ml 49854. Phone
906-341-5363. Located about 1-1/4 miles east of
Manistique on the shore of Lake Michigan. Spacious rooms
with tub/shower combination and phones. Color cable TV.
Reasonable rates. Access to snowmobile trails. Coffee in
rooms. Open year round. MasterCard and VISA cards
honored. Pets accepted
Whispering Pines Resort offers 5 rental cabins on the shores of Thunder Lake surrounded by the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabins have 2 bedrooms with a wood-burning fireplace in one cabin. Wi-Fi. Satellite TV. Direct trail access. Great spot for year round outdoor fun or just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful setting on Thunder Lake. Nightly or weekly rentals. Pet Friendly 11639W Ramsdam Road, Manistiq
ue, Mi 49854. Phone: 906-573-2480
- Munising, AuTrain, & Wetmore, MI (Alger County by the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore
& Grand Island).
Resort & Motel in the Hiawatha
National Forest offers 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile and ATV trails. Restaurant and Lounge. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
Cherrywood Lodge Casual, Relaxed and Friendly - Join Us All Year Round. 80
modern spacious rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tub,
Cable TV, Wireless Internet Access. Deluxe rooms, suites
and rooms with connecting doors available. Guest Laundry.
Heated garage for snowmobile repairs. Snowmobile rental
at desk. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of Munising
on Highway M-28. E 10160 Highway M-28 E,
Munising/Wetmore, MI. Phone: 906-387-4864
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan.
906-387-2735 or Fax 906-387-2534. Relax in one of our 18
exceptionally clean rooms with at-door parking and a
large lot for parking trucks and trailers. Open year
round, we offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2
bedroom units and family units for up to 7
Motel and Lodge, N4045 Buckhorn Road,
Munising, Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790. All motel
units are full housekeeping suites with individual decks
overlooking Hovey Lake. The lodge has 4 bedrooms and is
located on the shore of Hovey Lake southwest of Munising,
in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest.
- Newberry, MI
(in Luce County near Tahquamenon
America's Best Value Inn and Suites Tahquemanon Country offers 66 comfortable rooms with Wi-Fi, cable TV, mini-fridge, and a microwave. Free breakfast. Indoor Pool, amd Sauna. Ample parking for trailers. Short distance to Tahquamenon Falls and other interesting attractions. Golf course 1 mile. Snowmobile rentals. Direct access to
ATV and snowmobile trails. Pet friendly. 12956 M-28, Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: 906-293-4000 or 800-293-3297.
Star Motel (Park-A-Way
Motel,, These two motels are now merged offering additional accommodations 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing.<
Newberry Quality Inn and Suites welcomes you! Located at the junction of M-28 & M-123. Centrally located to area attractions, fast food, family dining, and gas stations. Snowmobile trail access, large parking area, and snowmobile rentals onsite! We offer a breakfast and feature a large indoor hot tub. Make your reservations today by calling direct at (906)293-3218 or (888)300-SNOW. Book onlineat QualityInn.com.
Tahquamenon Hotel, Hulbert, MI. The historic Tahquamenon Hotel offers 14 comfortable rooms, some with private bathrooms, for travelers to the area. Breakfast served Friday through Tuesday and daily during snowmobile season. Free Wi-Fi. Dining nearby. Stop and relax while you go fishing, hunting, ATVing, or snowmobiling with easy trail access. Tahquamenon Hotel, 10429 South Maple, Hulbert, MI 49748 Phone: 906-876-2388
- Norway, MI (See Iron Mountain, MI)
- Ontonagon and Silver City (by the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park)
- The Lake House Vacation Home is located on the shores of Lake Superior only 4 miles from Ontonagon and 13 miles from the Porcupine Mountains. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and will sleep up to 12 guests. There is a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, washer & dryer, Wi-Fi, and flat screen cable TV. Electric fireplace. Sandy beach on Lake Superior. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Nightly rentals welcome. Phone: 906-235-2683
MI (on Whitefish Bay, Lake Superior. Near
- Paradise Inn
Motel, Highway M-123, Paradise, MI 49768.
Phone 906-492-3940 or 1-800-654-2000. Located at the
junction of Highway M-123 and Whitefish Point Road in
Paradise. 36 modern spacious rooms, including 2 jacuzzi
suites and 2 handicap rooms. Continental breakfast,
remote control color TVs, guest laundry. Direct access to
the trails. Large parking area for trailers.
Sault Ste. Marie,
MI (the oldest city in Michigan, by the Soo
- Watersmeet, MI-Land O' Lakes, WI
- Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course
. On the hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails with equipment rentals nearby. Nightly rentals. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321 6 miles south of Watersmeet on Highway US-45
- White PIne, MI (6 miles south of Silver City on
M-64 in the Western Upper Peninsula
- Konteka Motel,
Restaurant, Bar & Grill, and the Black Bear Bowling
Lanes, 400 Main Street in the Mineral Circle
Plaza, White Pine MI 49971. Phone: 906-885-5170. Only 6
miles from Silver City and the Porcupine Mountains
Wilderness State Park. Motel has 16 guest rooms with
refrigerator and cable TV. Handicap accessible room.
Restaurant open daily serving
breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The popular Bar and Grill
is open from 11 am to midnight serving your favorite
beverages, a variety of sandwiches, and appetizers. Large
62" cable TV, juke box, and pool table. Black Bear
Bowling Alley has 8 lanes with league and open bowling.
Banquet/Meeting Room for group gatherings. On snowmobile
trail #1 so you can ride right from the door.
- "Let us welcome, then, the strangers,
- Hail them as our friends and brothers,
- And the heart's right hand of friendship
- Give them when they come to see us.
- Gitche Manito, the Mighty,
- Said this to me in my vision."
Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Upper Peninsula Bed and
Upper Peninsula Traveler
Back to Home Page: Exploring
Photo of the Lower Harbor Light, Marquette, MI: Mary