Upper Peninsula Food and Lodging
Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Cabins, Cottages, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
Vacation Homes, Restaurants, and Supper Clubs in the Upper Peninsula of
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
This is Page 1 (A-B)
- A Cabin on
Nevins Lake, 17003 Nevins Lake Road between
Munising and Grand Marais, MI. Phone: 419-466-9164.
Rental cabin located on Nevins Lake near the Pictured
Rocks and the Kingston Plains. The cabin is situated
above the heated garage. One large bedroom with 4
beds, living room with Satellite TV, VCR & DVD
player, sofa sleeper, and a wood-burning fireplace. Full
kitchen with washer and dryer. 14' aluminum rowboat . On the snowmobile and ATV
Cabin Up North, 30978 Highway M-64, Silver
City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Year round vacation
log home on Lake Superior with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Wood burning fireplace. Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite
TV, Large back deck overlooking the Lake with fire pit
Cottage Up North, 34464 Highway M-107, Silver
City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom
cottage on Lake Superior. Main level has a bedroom with a
wood burning fireplace, full bathroom, large living room,
dining room and kitchen combo with access to a deck
facing the lake. Upper level has a large bedroom with
deck and a den. Spiral staircase to lower level with a
family room, bedroom, and bathroom with doors opening to
a patio. Sleeps up to 10. Less than 1 mile to the
Porcupine Mountains State Park. On the snowmobile
- After Harvest Hideaway: Kro's Nest & Sno Shed Rental Cabins are nestled in the woods of the Hiawatha National Forest near 16 Mile Lake, southwest of Munising. Both cabins have 2 bedrooms and sleep 6-8 guests. The Kro's Nest has a gas fireplace in the living area. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. E6828 Crossover Rd, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 419-345-2258
- A Powell Shores
Lodge Vacation Home on the shores of Powell
Lake, 6 miles from Munising. Completely furnished modern 3
bedroom home on a 100 acre lake in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Living room has a gas fireplace and
satellite TV. Wi-Fi. Complete kitchen. Large deck. Sand bottomed
beach for swimming with dock for fishing. Boat and canoe.
Snowmobile trail across the road. Pets welcome. N4132
Powell Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone:
- Alger Falls
Motel, E9427 HIghway M-28, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone: 906-387-3536. AAA Approved. 16 motel units with
wireless internet access. Air conditioning, cable TV and
direct dial phones. Recreation room with full cooking
facilities for guests. Access to snowmobile
E-9427 Highway M-28, Munising, MI
49862. Phone: 906-387-3536. Two housekeeping cottages located in
a wooded area 2 miles east of Munising by the Alger Falls
Motel. Cable TV and wireless internet
access. Cottages have 2 bedrooms, Living area with sofa sleeper, and fully equipped kitchen. Coin laundry,
recreation room, and heated garage. Access to snowmobile and ATV
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites Calumet is located 11 miles north of Houghton/Hancock and one block west of Highway US-41 in the Keweenaw Peninsula. The AmericInn of Calumet features comfortable guest rooms and suites, Free high-speed internet, and an indoor salt-water pool, hot tub, and sauna. Complimentary hot AmericInn Perk breakfast. Within walking distance to historic sites and downtown Calumet. Pets Welcome. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Near Swede Town cross-country ski trails. AmericInn of Calumet. 56925 South 6th Street. Calumet, Mi 49913. Front Desk: 906-337-6463
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites Iron River, MI is located on Highway US-2 in downtown Iron River, MI. The newest hotel in Iron River offers comfortable king & queen guest rooms & suites with one & two rooms, a fireplace suite, and a whirlpool suite. Elevator. Wireless Internet Access throughout the Lodge. Indoor heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and fitness room. Complimentary AmericInn Perk Breakfast. Large parking lot with cold weather hook-ups. Pet friendly rooms. AmericInn Lodge and Suites Iron River, 40 E Adams Street, Iron River, MI 49935. Phone: 906-265-9100
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Silver City is located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Comfortable guest rooms and suites on 3 floors with an elevator. Some rooms have a view of Lake Superior. Wireless internet access throughout the Inn. Cable TV. Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Complementary AmericInn Perk breakfast. Restaurant and lounge. Walk along the Lake Superior shoreline, enjoy the stunning sunsets, or just relax. On the trail and 3 miles from downhill and cross-country skiing. Pets Welcome. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5311
- Anchor In Naubinway Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with TV. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
- Au Train
Island View Lodge is located just east of
AuTrain on the shores of Lake Superior. The Lodge has 3
bedrooms and a loft with 3 & 1/2 bathrooms and will
sleep up to 12 guests. Two wood-burning fireplaces, cable
TV, and wireless internet access. Complete kitchen with
dishwasher. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets and the beauty of
Lake Superior as you relax in this lovely vacation home.
Easy trail access. Open year round. N7869 Sunset Drive,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:800-546-7188
Train Lake Bed and Breakfast and Museum
N6915 Forest Lake
Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806. Newly remodeled B &B
overlooking AuTrain Lake and Paulson Pond. Three
luxurious bedrooms with a private bath and individual
decks. WIFI. Gourmet breakfast. The rustic cedar Museum
Cottage is fully outfitted and ideal for one or two
guests. Fireplace with gas log, WIFI, and a complete
kitchen. Phone: 510-919-0688
- AuTrain Lake Cottage, E5403 North Shore Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8147. Two bedroom furnished cottage on AuTrain Lake. Full kitchen, cable
TV, deck with lawn furniture, grill, and a fire pit for
bonfires. Sand beach with a fishing boat & motor,
paddleboat, and a canoe included with the cottage
- New Listing: Au Train Lake Retreat. Two-bedroom vacation cottage on AuTrain Lake with comfortable furnishings, a wood-burning fireplace, and a deck for relaxing and enjoying the view. Sand bottomed beach for swimming and water fun. 15’ fishing boat with a 6 hp motor included. Close to all the attractions and recreation in the Munising area. Easy ATV trail access. Phone: 906-892-8367
River Cabin, N7163 Forest Lake Road, Au Train,
MI 49806. Phone:906-892-8367. Furnished cabin
overlooking the AuTrain River. Sleeps 6. Kitchen and
family room. Large deck with grill, picnic table and deck
chairs. Fire pit on the beach. Dock. Sand beach with good
swimming. Fishing boat with motor, life vests, cushions,
and canoe with paddles. Easy snowmobile & ATV trail
- Au Train River Cottags: Five cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have 1, 2, and 4 bedrooms with Wi-Fi. Flat lawn leads to 300 feet of river frontage for swimming, fishing, and relaxing. Canoe included with rental. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Pet Friendly. Open Year Round. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road. Phone: 906-364-8110
- AuTrain River
Lodge on the AuTrain River. Phone: 906-892-8367.
has one bedroom on the main level, a loft, and a sleeping
area with 1/2 bath on the walk-out lower level. Living
area has a wood-burning fireplace with cable TV and there
is a TV, wet bar, and a wood-burning fireplace on the
lower level. Complete kitchen. Sleeps up to 10 guests.
Deck offers an outstanding view of the river, a wonderful
spot for enjoying the north woods. Heated garage. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. AuTrain River
Lodge, E5449 Curtis Drive, AuTrain, MI. 49806
- New Listing: Baraga Lakeside Inn on the shores of Keweenaw Bay in Lake Superior. 68 guest rooms with cable TV and Wi-Fi. Some rooms overlook the Bay for a stunning view. The restaurant is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lounge. Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna. Fitness Room. Docking facilities next door. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Baraga Lakeside Inn, 900 U.S. 41 South, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-7123 or toll Free: 855-541-5953.
- Barnyard on Trout Lake. Two Bedroom rental cabin on the shores of Trout Lake, only 35 minutes from the Bridge. Enjoy fishing, swimming, and relaxing by the water. Beach area has a sandy bottom that is shallow for the kids. Row boat. Complete kitchen, washer & dryer, and a living area with a pellet stove for those cool evenings. On the snowmobile and ATV trail. The Barnyard on Trout Lake. Phone: 906-569-3821
Shore Log Cabin on Portage
Lake is 9 miles
west of Houghton on the west end of Portage Lake. Two
bedrooms with a sleeper sofa in the living area, a
wood-burning stone fireplace, and a complete kitchen.
Enclosed screened porch and wrap around deck. Sauna
building with set of bunk beds. Sandy swimming area with
dock. Great fishing and only 5 minutes by boat to Lake
Superior. Pets Welcome. Seasonal:
Bay Shore Road, Houghton, MI 49931 Phone:
- New Listing: Beachcomber's Cottage is located 15 miles east of Marquette and 26 miles west of Munising on the sandy shores of Lake Superior. The cottage has two bedrooms and is nestled in the woods by the lake. The living area has patio doors that open onto the deck, a wonderful spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lake Superior. Cobblestone path to the sandy beach and a beach deck near the water. Beachcomber’s Cottage, Highway M-28, Marquette, MI, 49855. Phone: 206-937-1276.
- A Beach Retreat
Rental Cottage is located on the shores of
Lake Superior, 12 miles west of Ontonagon and only 5
minutes from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State
Park. A Beach Retreat offers 2 bedrooms, one bathroom,
and a complete kitchen. The living room has cable TV and
a gas fireplace. A screened porch overlooks the lake for
sitting and relaxing or you can enjoy sitting by the
private beach and watching exciting Lake Superior and the
fantastic sunsets over the water. Year round with easy
access to the ATV and snowmobile trails and all the
exciting outdoor recreation the Porkies has to offer. A
Beach Retreat in Silver City, MI 49953.
Paw & Eagle View Vacation Cottages
Lake Superior, northeast of L'Anse, MI
on Pt. Abbaye. Each cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full
bathrooms, a gas fireplace, satellite TV, and a complete
kitchen with a dishwasher and a washer & dryer. 6
person hot tub and sauna. 150' of Lake Superior beach and
an awesome view. Easy trail access. Phone:
- Bear's Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers 9 comfortable cabins with one, two, or three bedrooms. Satellite TV and wireless internet access. Some cabins have a gas fireplace & hot tub. Nice swimming beach. Boat rentals. Lake Gogebic is ideal for water sports, boating, and year round fishing. Guided fishing and bear hunting trips. Bait & Tackle Shop with licenses and permits. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets Welcome. Bear's Nine Pines Resort, Phone: 906-842-3361
- New Listing: Beaver Pete's Lodge is located 18 miles east of Iron Mountain by US-2 in the South Central Upper Peninsula. The large living and dining area offers satellite TV and lots of room for your group. There are 5 "bunk house style" bedrooms with 1 & 1/2 bathrooms that will sleep up to 10 guests. Complete kitchen with dishwasher. Close to downhill skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, rafting, and fishing as well as dining and shopping. Open year round with easy ATV & snowmobile trail access. The lodge is ideal for group gatherings, meetings, receptions, and parties. Beaver Pete's Lodge, W2404 Beaver Pete Road, Loretto, MI 49852. Phone: 906-563-8116 or Toll Free: 800-327-9034
Highway US 2, Cooks MI
49817. Phone 906-644-2893.
All rooms have view of
Big Bay de Noc.
Sandy beach and swimming area on Lake
Michigan. Near Fayette. On the snowmobile and ATV trails.
Plenty of parking for trailers. Good fishing and hunting.
Open year round. At the edge of the Hiawatha National
Forest. Pets accepted.
- Big Bay Depot Lodge is located on Lake Independence, 23 miles north of Marquette, MI. The Depot houses 5 suites with a bedroom, sitting area, and kitchen. Great outdoor recreation in the area. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. Pets Welcome. Highway 550, Big Bay, Michigan 49808. Phone 906-345-9350.
- Big Bay
Lakeside Cottage, Big Bay, MI 49808. Phone: 248-760-8560. Three bedroom rental cabin on the north
side of Lake Independence. Sandy beach. Color TV with
VCR. Deck and grill for cookouts
- Big Buck Cabin and 38 Lodge, Highway M-38, Greenland, MI 49929,
Phone:906-250-4903. Big Buck Cabin has one
bedroom, a sleeping loft with 2 twin beds, and a sofa
sleeper in living area. 38 Lodge offers 3 bedrooms. Each rental has a complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
and easy access to snowmobile, atv, and mountain bike
trails. 13 miles south of Ontonagon near the Ottawa
National Forest and only a short distance from the
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- Big Lake Cabin is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes, halfway between Land O' Lakes and Boulder Junction, in northern Wisconsin and only a few miles from the Upper Peninsula. Newly remodeled two-bedroom cabin has a complete kitchen. Screened porch for enjoying the view of Big Lake. The 2 acre wooded setting offers a peaceful and relaxing spot for your vacation. Sandy swimming beach nearby. Jon boat and rowboat included. 7668 Palmer Lake Road, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-572-1402.
Manistique Lake Cottage, 19113 Diller Road,
Curtis, MI 49820. Phone 989-652-2357. This chalet sleeps
up to 8 with a master bedroom on the first floor and an
upper loft sleeping area which will sleep 6. Open
concept, woodburning fireplace, washer and dryer, wrap
around deck, bonfire pit, boat, swimming beach, on the
snowmobile trails. Snowmobile rental nearby
Lodges, 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road, Paradise
. MI 49768. Phone 906-492-3320. Modern Log Cabins on Lake
Superior. Full housekeeping cabins, some with fireplaces.
On the snowmobile trail. Cross country skiing nearby.
Sandy beach, Satellite TV's.
- Blue Heron Vacation Home is located 3 miles south of Grand Marais, Michigan. The charming cottage, located in a wooded area, has 2 large bedrooms and 2 futons for extra guests. The open concept living area is comfortably furnished. Satellite TV. Laundry. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Blue Heron, N13015 Hwy M-77, Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: (906) 494-2744. Cell: (269) 845-1660
- Blue House on the Lake Vacation Home is located 13 miles north of Escanaba with 250’ of waterfront on Little Bay de Noc (Lake Michigan). The home has 2 bedrooms, a wood-burning fireplace, and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Wi-Fi. Easy ATV and snowmobile Trail access. Pet Friendly. Blue House on the Lake, 7451 24.75 Lane, Gladstone, MI 49838. Phone: 906-286-1787.
- Bob's Bungalow at the Beach in Ontonagon, MI. This 3-bedroom vacation home is located near the beautiful sandy Lake Superior Beach. Enjoy stunning sunsets, swimming, and evening bonfires on the sandy beach. Comfortable furnishings, cable TV, and an electric fireplace. Walking distance to downtown Ontonagon. Easy access to ATV trails. Pets welcome. Bob's Bungalow @the Beach, 715 Amygdaloid Street, Ontonagon, MI. Phone: 817-266-4759.
- Brownstone Inn Restaurant is located on M-28, 2 miles west of the blinking light in AuTrain, MI across from Lake Superior. Family friendly dining with exceptional food and drinks. Serving lunch and dinner with lunch served all day. Variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers. Dinner menu includes steaks, fresh Lake Superior Whitefish, spinach lasagna, plus many other items. Private dining room available. Just off ATV & snowmobile trail #417. E4635 Highway M-28 West, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8332.
Resort: Motel, Restaurant, and Lodges in the Hiawatha
National Forest offering 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile and ATV trails. Restaurant and Lounge.Gas. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
coffee makers. N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559.
- Budget Host Inn
Iron Mountain, North US2, Iron Mountain, MI
49801. 906 774-6797. Motel
Units, Kitchenettes, Kitchen units,
and Apartments. Designated pet rooms. Restaurant and supper
club nearby. High speed wireless internet. Near Lake
Antoine and other recreational facilities. Direct trail
Food and Beverages
Anchor In Naubinway Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with TV. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
Brownstone Inn Restaurant is located on M-28, 2 miles west of the blinking light in AuTrain, MI across from Lake Superior. Family friendly dining with exceptional food and drinks. Serving lunch and dinner with lunch served all day. Variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers. Dinner menu includes steaks, fresh Lake Superior Whitefish, spinach lasagna, plus many other items. Private dining room available. On ATV & snowmobile trail #417. E4635 Highway M-28 West, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8332.
Restaurant at the Buskhorn Resort, N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559. In the Hiawatha
National Forest serving lunch and dinner along with your favorite beverages. Gas. 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile & ATV trails and
open all year. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
This is Page 1 (A-B)
Click Here to
Search our Site
for more information
- Then the generous Hiawatha
- Led the strangers to his wigwam,
- Seated them on skins of bison,
- Seated them on skins of ermine,
- And the careful old Nokomis
- Brought them food in bowls of basswood,
- Water brought in birchen dippers,
- And the calumet, the peace-pipe,
- Filled and lighted for their smoking.
- Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Home Page: Exploring
Photo: Swans on the Menominee RIver by Jim
Copyright 1997 by Vivian Wood,
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website for placement on the internet is a copyright
infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in
part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within,
is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text,
graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the
copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site created on an