Food and Lodging
Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
and Supper Clubs in the Upper Peninsula of
This is Page 1 (A-B)
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
- 38 Lodge, Highway M-38, Greenland,
MI 49929. Phone: 906-250-4903. Secluded 2 bedroom lodge
15 miles southeast of Ontonagon Michigan. A four seasons
rental with a spacious living/dining area, modern kitchen
with full sized appliances, microwave, and coffee maker.
Linens and towels provided. Gas fireplace. On trails 12
(Bill Nichols) & 13. Great fishing and hunting.
- A Cabin on
Nevins Lake, 17003 Nevins Lake Road between
Munising and Grand Marais, MI. Phone: 419-466-9164.
Rental cabin located on Nevins Lake near the Pictured
Rocks and the Kingston Plains. The cabin is situated
above the heated garage. One large bedroom with 4
beds, living room with Satellite TV, VCR & DVD
player, sofa sleeper, and a wood-burning fireplace. Full
kitchen with washer and dryer. 14' aluminum rowboat . On the snowmobile and ATV
Cabin Up North, 30978 Highway M-64, Silver
City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Year round vacation
log home on Lake Superior with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Wood burning fireplace. Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite
TV, Large back deck overlooking the Lake with fire pit
Cottage Up North, 34464 Highway M-107, Silver
City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom
cottage on Lake Superior. Main level has a bedroom with a
wood burning fireplace, full bathroom, large living room,
dining room and kitchen combo with access to a deck
facing the lake. Upper level has a large bedroom with
deck and a den. Spiral staircase to lower level with a
family room, bedroom, and bathroom with doors opening to
a patio. Sleeps up to 10. Less than 1 mile to the
Porcupine Mountains State Park. On the snowmobile
- Alger Falls
Motel, E9427 HIghway M-28, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone: 906-387-3536. AAA Approved. 16 motel units with
wireless internet access. Air conditioning, cable TV and
direct dial phones. Recreation room with full cooking
facilities for guests. Access to snowmobile
E-9427 Highway M-28, Munising, MI
49862. Phone: 906-387-3536. Two housekeeping cottages located in
a wooded area 2 miles east of Munising by the Alger Falls
Motel. Cable TV and wireless internet
access. Cottages have 2 bedrooms, Living area with sofa sleeper, and fully equipped kitchen. Coin laundry,
recreation room, and heated garage. Access to snowmobile and ATV
- New Listing: AmericInn Lodge and Suites Calumet is located 11 miles north of Houghton/Hancock and one block west of Highway US-41 in the Keweenaw Peninsula. The AmericInn of Calumet features comfortable guest rooms and suites, Free high-speed internet, and an indoor salt-water pool, hot tub, and sauna. Complimentary hot AmericInn Perk breakfast. Within walking distance to historic sites and downtown Calumet for shopping and restaurants. Pets Welcome. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Near Swede Town cross-country ski trails. AmericInn of Calumet. 56925 South 6th Street. Calumet, Mi 49913. Front Desk: 906-337-6463
- New Listing: AmericInn Lodge and Suites Iron River, MI is located on Highway US-2 in downtown Iron River, MI. The newest hotel in Iron River offers comfortable king & queen guest rooms & suites with one & two rooms, a fireplace suite, and a whirlpool suite. Elevator. Wireless Internet Access throughout the Lodge. Indoor heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and fitness room. Complimentary AmericInn Perk Breakfast. Large parking lot with cold weather hook-ups. Pet friendly rooms. AmericInn Lodge and Suites Iron River, 40 E Adams Street, Iron River, MI 49935. Phone: 906-265-9100
Lodge and Suites of Munising,
MI E9926 State Highway M-28 East, Wetmore, MI 49895.
Phone: 906-387-2000 or toll free: 1-866-762-9256.
Comfortable guest rooms, family suites, hot tub suites,
and fireplace suites. Handicapped accessible rooms.
Elevator. Cable TV. Wi-Fi. Deluxe continental breakfast. Splash Bay
Adventure indoor pool and family fun center. 3 miles east
of Munising and Lake Superior. Pets Permitted. On the
- New Listing: AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Silver City is located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Comfortable guest rooms and suites on 3 floors with an elevator. Some rooms have a view of Lake Superior. Wireless internet access throughout the Inn. Cable TV. Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Complementary AmericInn Perk breakfast. Restaurant and lounge. Walk along the Lake Superior shoreline, enjoy the stunning sunsets, or just relax. On the trail and 3 miles from downhill and cross-country skiing. Pets Welcome. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5311
- Anchor In Naubinway Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with TV. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
Island View, N3981 Peninsula Point Road,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3709. Three bedroom
upper level home on the shore of 16 Mile Lake in the
Hiawatha National Forest. Sleeps 6-8. Full kitchen, gas
grill, and fire pit by the lake. Sand beach. Satellite
TV, VCR, 12'boat, canoe, and paddleboat. On the trail. No
smoking, no pets please.
- Apple Ridge
Cottage, Ellen Street, Grand Marais, MI.
Phone: 906-499-3253. Four bedroom cottage surrounded by
apple trees located 1 mile south of Grand Marais on 10
acres of private land. Complete kitchen with dishwasher.
Small washer/dryer in the basement. Gas fireplace in
living room and a wood-burning stove in the dining area.
Bedroom and full bath downstairs and 3 bedrooms and 1/2
bath on second floor. Sleeps up to 6 guests. Easy access
to snowmobile & ATV trails.
- Au Train
Island View Lodge is located just east of
AuTrain on the shores of Lake Superior. The Lodge has 3
bedrooms and a loft with 3 & 1/2 bathrooms and will
sleep up to 12 guests. Two wood-burning fireplaces, cable
TV, and wireless internet access. Complete kitchen with
dishwasher. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets and the beauty of
Lake Superior as you relax in this lovely vacation home.
Easy trail access. Open year round. N7869 Sunset Drive,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:800-546-7188
Train Lake Bed and Breakfast and Museum
N6915 Forest Lake
Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806. Newly remodeled B &B
overlooking AuTrain Lake and Paulson Pond. Three
luxurious bedrooms with a private bath and individual
decks. WIFI. Gourmet breakfast. The rustic cedar Museum
Cottage is fully outfitted and ideal for one or two
guests. Fireplace with gas log, WIFI, and a complete
kitchen. Phone: 510-919-0688
- AuTrain Lake Cottage, E5403 North Shore Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8147. Two bedroom furnished cottage on AuTrain Lake. Full kitchen, cable
TV, deck with lawn furniture, grill, and a fire pit for
bonfires. Sand beach with a fishing boat & motor,
paddleboat, and a canoe included with the cottage
River Cabin, N7163 Forest Lake Road, Au Train,
MI 49806. Phone:906-892-8367. Furnished cabin
overlooking the AuTrain River. Sleeps 6. Kitchen and
family room. Large deck with grill, picnic table and deck
chairs. Fire pit on the beach. Dock. Sand beach with good
swimming. Fishing boat with motor, life vests, cushions,
and canoe with paddles. Easy snowmobile & ATV trail
- Au Train River Cottags: Two cozy cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Each cottage has cable TV, wood interior, complete kitchen, and is just a few feet from the river where there is a sand bottomed area for swimming. Only a short distance to AuTrain Lake for fishing and boating. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Open Year Round. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road, Au Ttrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-364-8110
- AuTrain River
Lodge on the AuTrain River. Phone: 906-892-8367.
has one bedroom on the main level, a loft, and a sleeping
area with 1/2 bath on the walk-out lower level. Living
area has a wood-burning fireplace with cable TV and there
is a TV, wet bar, and a wood-burning fireplace on the
lower level. Complete kitchen. Sleeps up to 10 guests.
Deck offers an outstanding view of the river, a wonderful
spot for enjoying the north woods. Heated garage with hot
tub. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. AuTrain River
Lodge, E5449 Curtis Drive, AuTrain, MI. 49806
- Barnyard on Trout Lake. Two Bedroom rental cabin on the shores of Trout Lake, only 35 minutes from the Bridge. Enjoy fishing, swimming, and relaxing by the water. Beach area has a sandy bottom that is shallow for the kids. Row boat. Complete kitchen, washer & dryer, and a living area with a pellet stove for those cool evenings. On the snowmobile and ATV trail. The Barnyard on Trout Lake, 22215 Agulium Road, Trout Lake, MI 49793. Phone: 906-569-3821
Shore Log Cabin on Portage
Lake is 9 miles
west of Houghton on the west end of Portage Lake. Two
bedrooms with a sleeper sofa in the living area, a
wood-burning stone fireplace, and a complete kitchen.
Enclosed screened porch and wrap around deck. Sauna
building with set of bunk beds. Sandy swimming area with
dock. Great fishing and only 5 minutes by boat to Lake
Superior. Pets Welcome. Seasonal:
17779 Bay Shore Road, Houghton, MI 49931 Phone:
- A Beach Retreat
Rental Cottage is located on the shores of
Lake Superior, 12 miles west of Ontonagon and only 5
minutes from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State
Park. A Beach Retreat offers 2 bedrooms, one bathroom,
and a complete kitchen. The living room has cable TV and
a gas fireplace. A screened porch overlooks the lake for
sitting and relaxing or you can enjoy sitting by the
private beach and watching exciting Lake Superior and the
fantastic sunsets over the water. Year round with easy
access to the ATV and snowmobile trails and all the
exciting outdoor recreation the Porkies has to offer. A
Beach Retreat, 32829 Hwy M-64, Silver City, MI 49953.
Paw & Eagle View Vacation Cottages
Lake Superior, northeast of L'Anse, MI
on Pt. Abbaye. Each cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full
bathrooms, a gas fireplace, satellite TV, and a complete
kitchen with a dishwasher and a washer & dryer. 6
person hot tub and sauna. 150' of Lake Superior beach and
an awesome view. Easy trail access. A6790W & A6785W
Ravenswood, L'Anse, MI 49946. Phone:
- Big Bay Depot Motel on the shores of Lake Independence. The former train depot features 5 uniquely decorated suites with a view of the lake. Full kitchens. Children and pets welcome. Wireless Internet Access. On the snowmobile & ATV trails. County Highway 550, Big Bay, Michigan 49808. Phone 906-345-9350.
Highway US 2, Cooks MI
49817. Phone 906-644-2893.
All rooms have view of
Big Bay de Noc.
Sandy beach and swimming area on Lake
Michigan. Near Fayette. On the snowmobile and ATV trails.
Plenty of parking for trailers. Good fishing and hunting.
Open year round. At the edge of the Hiawatha National
Forest. Pets accepted.
- Big Bay
Lakeside Cottage, Big Bay, MI 49808. Phone: 248-760-8560. Three bedroom rental cabin on the north
side of Lake Independence. Sandy beach. Color TV with
VCR. Deck and grill for cookouts
- New Listing: Big Bay Retreat is a newly built log home on the shore of Lake Superior in the village of Big Bay. The lovely vacation home has two bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a wood-burning fireplace. Relax on the large deck overlooking the lake. Wonderful trails for hiking, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing. Near Lake Independence for great fishing and boating. Located only 25 miles north of Marquette. Big Bay Retreat, Lighthouse Road, Big Bay, MI 49808. Phone: 248-302-2087 or 248-302-2087.
- Big Buck Rental
Cabin, Highway M-38, Greenland, MI 49929,
Phone: 906-250-4903. Log cabin with one
bedroom, sleeping loft with 2 twin beds, and a sofa
sleeper in living area. Complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
and easy access to snowmobile, atv, and mountain bike
trails. 13 miles south of Ontonagon near the Ottawa
National Forest and only a short distance from the
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- Big Lake Cabin is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes, halfway between Land O' Lakes and Boulder Junction, in northern Wisconsin and only a few miles from the Upper Peninsula. Newly remodeled two-bedroom cabin has a complete kitchen. Screened porch for enjoying the view of Big Lake. The 2 acre wooded setting offers a peaceful and relaxing spot for your vacation. Sandy swimming beach nearby. Jon boat and rowboat included. 7668 Palmer Lake Road, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-572-1402.
Manistique Lake Cottage, 19113 Diller Road,
Curtis, MI 49820. Phone 989-652-2357. This chalet sleeps
up to 8 with a master bedroom on the first floor and an
upper loft sleeping area which will sleep 6. Open
concept, woodburning fireplace, washer and dryer, wrap
around deck, bonfire pit, boat, swimming beach, on the
snowmobile trails. Snowmobile rental nearby
- Big Water Rentals on Lake Superior is a two-bedroom cottage on the sandy shoreline of Lake Superior in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Enjoy the fantastic view of the lake, a sandy beach, and amazing sunrises. The cottage offers satellite TV, a complete kitchen, and two porches for relaxing. Natural wildlife reserve behind the cottage for viewing a variety of birds. Big Water Rental Cottage is located just east of Lake Linden off the Bootjack-Rice Lake Road and only a short drive from Houghton/ Hancock and Copper Harbor. 49260 Little Traverse Bay, Lake Linden, MI 49945. Phone: 906-202-1000.
Lodges, 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road, Paradise
. MI 49768. Phone 906-492-3320. Modern Log Cabins on Lake
Superior. Full housekeeping cabins, some with fireplaces.
On the snowmobile trail. Cross country skiing nearby.
Sandy beach, Satellite TV's.
- Blue Heron Vacation Home is located 3 miles south of Grand Marais, Michigan. The charming cottage, located in a wooded area, has 2 large bedrooms and 2 futons for extra guests. The open concept living area is comfortably furnished. Satellite TV. Laundry. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Blue Heron, N13015 Hwy M-77, Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: (906) 494-2744. Cell: (269) 845-1660
- New Listing: Bob's Bungalow at the Beach in Ontonagon, MI. This 3-bedroom vacation home is located near the beautiful sandy Lake Superior Beach. Enjoy stunning sunsets, swimming, and evening bonfires on the sandy beach. Comfortable furnishings, cable TV, and an electric fireplace. Walking distance to downtown Ontonagon. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. Bob's Bungalow @the Beach, 715 Amygdaloid Street, Ontonagon, MI. Phone: 817-266-4759.
- Brownstone Inn Restaurant is located on M-28, 2 miles west of the blinking light in AuTrain, MI across from Lake Superior. Family friendly dining with exceptional food and drinks. Serving lunch and dinner with lunch served all day. Variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers. Dinner menu includes steaks, fresh Lake Superior Whitefish, spinach lasagna, plus many other items. Private dining room available. Just off ATV & snowmobile trail #417. E4635 Highway M-28 West, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8332.
Resort: Motel, Restaurant, and Lodges in the Hiawatha
National Forest offering 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile and ATV trails. Restaurant and Lounge.Gas. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
coffee makers. N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559.
- Budget Host Inn
Iron Mountain, North US2, Iron Mountain, MI
49801. 906 774-6797. Free Continental Breakfast, Motel
Units, Kitchenettes, AAA Approved. Kitchen units,
Apartments. Designated pet rooms. Restaurant and supper
club nearby. High speed wireless internet. Near Lake
Antoine and other recreational facilities. Direct trail
Food and Beverages
Anchor In Naubinway Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with TV. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
Brownstone Inn Restaurant is located on M-28, 2 miles west of the blinking light in AuTrain, MI across from Lake Superior. Family friendly dining with exceptional food and drinks. Serving lunch and dinner with lunch served all day. Variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers. Dinner menu includes steaks, fresh Lake Superior Whitefish, spinach lasagna, plus many other items. Private dining room available. On ATV & snowmobile trail #417. E4635 Highway M-28 West, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8332.
Restaurant at the Buskhorn Resort, N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559. In the Hiawatha
National Forest serving lunch and dinner along with your favorite beverages. Gas. 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile & ATV trails and
open all year. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
PAGE 2 -
Food and Lodging
PAGE 3 - Food
PAGE 4 - Food
PAGE 5 - Food
Peninsula Weather Forecasts
Click Here to
Search our Site
for more information
- Then the generous Hiawatha
- Led the strangers to his wigwam,
- Seated them on skins of bison,
- Seated them on skins of ermine,
- And the careful old Nokomis
- Brought them food in bowls of basswood,
- Water brought in birchen dippers,
- And the calumet, the peace-pipe,
- Filled and lighted for their smoking.
- Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Back to Home Page: Exploring
Copyright 1997/06 by Vivian Wood,
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website for placement on the internet is a copyright
infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in
part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within,
is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text,
graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the
copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site created on an