Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Cabins, Cottages, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
and Vacation Homes in the Upper Peninsula of
Places to Eat in the Upper Peninsula
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
Peninsula Weather Forecasts
Here to Search our Site
This is Page 5 (T-Z)
- Tahquamenon Hotel, Hulbert, MI. The Historic Tahquamenon Hotel offers 14 comfortable rooms, some with private bathrooms, for travelers to the area. Breakfast served Friday through Tuesday and daily during snowmobile season. Free Wi-Fi. Dining nearby. Stop and relax while you go fishing, hunting, ATVing, or snowmobiling with easy trail access. Pets Welcome. Tahquamenon Hotel, 10429 South Maple, Hulbert, MI 49748 Phone: 906-876-2388
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan.
906-387-2735. Relax in one of our 18
exceptionally clean rooms with at-door parking and a
large lot for parking trucks and trailers. Open year
round, we offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2
bedroom units and family units for up to 7
- Thunder Bay Inn and Restaurant is located in Big Bay, Michigan 25 miles north of Marquette. The Historic Country Inn has 12 comfortable guest rooms furnished with antique and period-style furniture and a family friendly restaurant serving lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy a selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, appetizers, homemade pizzas, and dinner selections including Black Angus Prime Rib on Saturday. The Historic Thunder Bay Inn was once the Ford Hotel, the film location of “Anatomy of a Murder”. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. Phone: 906-345-9220
- Timber Ridge
Motel and Lodge, N4045 Buckhorn Road,
Munising, Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790. All motel
units are full housekeeping suites with individual decks
overlooking Hovey Lake. The lodge has 4 bedrooms and is
located on the shore of Hovey Lake. In the heart of the
Hiawatha National Forest.
of the Lake Cottage by Lake Michigan, P.O.Box
55, Gulliver, MI 49840. Phone: 906-283-3361. Modern two
bedroom cottage with open concept living room and dining
area. Wood burning stove. Complete kitchen and laundry.
Private path to the sandy Lake Michigan beach with
firepit for campfires under the stars. Located 11 miles
east of Manistique and near Seul Choix Point Lighthouse.
- Trailside Lodge is located on Highway US-41, on the north side of Calumet, MI. The lodge offers 28 newly renovated rooms with cable TV, microwave, fridge, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. At door parking with large parking lot for your vehicles. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails with ATV/UTV and Snowmobile rentals at the office. Wonderful riding in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the many attractions in the Keweenaw National Historic Park. Pets Welcome. Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905
Box 23, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone (906) 586-3515. Four
Modern Housekeeping Cabins nestled on the shore of Cooks
Bay on Big Manistique Lake. Two bedrooms, knotty pine
interiors, private deck, showers and televisions. Boat
included, motors available.
Haven on Lake
in Big Bay, MI offers a variety of deluxe
accommodations on beautiful Squaw Beach. Accommodations
include the Fantasy Beach House that sleeps up to 14
guests, Bay View Cabin that sleeps up to 8 guests, and
Bay View Suite for 4 guests. All accommodations are under
one roof but have separate entrances with full kitchens
and an outstanding view of Lake Superior. Phone:
- Tree House
Cottage Rental on the AuTrain River, N7119
Perry Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone toll free:
800-720-0410. This newly remodeled three-bedroom rental
cottage has a complete kitchen, laundry, and a living
area with a custom built wood burning fireplace. Large
deck overlooks the AuTrain River and the sand bottomed
beach is shallow and perfect for children. 2 kayaks
included for paddling down the river. Pets welcome with
- Trout Lake
Resort, 22477 O. J. Miller Road, Trout Lake,
MI 49793. Phone: 906-569-3810. Four 1 and 2 bedroom
housekeeping cabins and one large unit that sleeps 9 on
the shores of Trout Lake. Full kitchen with microwave.
Linens provided. Swimming beach and great fishing. Row
boat. Open year round. Nightly rentals. Pet friendly. On
the snowmobile and ATV Trails.
- Twin Lakes
Resort, 32970 N. Parkside Drive, HC 1, Box
213, Twin Lakes, near Toivola, MI 49965. (906) 288-3666.
Midway between Houghton and Ontonagon in the Keweenaw
Peninsula of Michigan. Quiet and comfortable lakefront
vacation cottages, fully equipped, 2 and 3 Bedrooms,
monthly rentals available. Open mid-May thru
- Twin Pines Lodging, Seney, MI 49883. Vacation cottage that offers two rental units. It can be rented as a two bedroom cottage or a one bedroom. There are connecting doors so it can be combined for a 3-bedroom, 2 bath rental home. Free Wi-Fi. Located 1/2 mile from the Fox River, a Michigan Blue Ribbon Trout Stream, and only 5 miles from the Seney National Wildlife Refuge. Direct access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Phone the Fox River Motel at 906-499-3332.
- Union River Campground is located on the Union River at the eastern edge of the Porcupine Mountains. 42 wooded sites with water and electric and 8 large pull-through sites. Modern shower house. 15 miles west of Ontonagon. Lake Superior sand beach across the road. Union River Campground, 35653 State Highway M107. Phone: 906-869-2635
- New Listing: Victorian Vacation Home, L’Anse, Michigan. This lovingly restored historic three-bedroom home is located within walking distance of dining, shopping, and the Waterfront park. The home is furnished with period furniture (some of it original), has a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, washer & dryer, and a wonderful wrap around porch for relaxing. Wi-Fi. Deck with gas grill. Pets considered. Easy trail access. 329 N Main Street, L’Anse. MI. Phone: 817-925-5227
Wheels Campground. This 440 acre wooded and
landscaped park offers you the finest surroundings for a
fun filled family vacation. Heated Outdoor Pool. Cable
TV. Only 5 miles from Lake Superior, Pictured Rocks,
Miners Castle, Grand Island, Valley Spur Trails,
waterfalls, and various lakeside activities. Great
facilities. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of
Munising on Highway M-28 East, Munising MI 49862. Phone
1-906-387-3315 or 1-906-387-1580.
- West Mackinac
Recreation Area Association covering the
western portion of Mackinac County, including the towns
of Curtis, Gould City, Naubinway and Engadine. The
Manistique Lakes Area of the Upper Peninsula.
- West Shore Resort on Lake Gogebic in the Western Upper Peninsula offers 8 comfortable 2-bedroom cabins that are open year round. Dish TV with VCR/DVD. Free Wi-Fi. Great swimming, boating fishing, and hunting. Pets welcome. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Rentals of pontoons and fishing boats with motors. West Shore Resort, N10960 St. Hwy M-64, Marenisco, MI 49947. Phone: 906-842-3336 or 888-813-7778
- Whispering Pines Resort offers 5 rental cabins on the shores of Thunder Lake surrounded by the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabins have 2 bedrooms with a wood-burning fireplace in one cabin. Wi-Fi. Satellite TV. Direct trail access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Great spot for year round outdoor fun or just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful setting on Thunder Lake. Nightly or weekly rentals. Pet Friendly 11639W Ramsdam Road, Manistique, MI. 49854. Phone: 906-573-2480
Fawn Lodge and
N1871 Federal Forest Highway 13, Wetmore,
MI, 49895. Phone: 906-573-2999. Lodge with rooms and
suites and 2 to 4 bedroom housekeeping cabins on Town
Lake, 11 miles south of Munising, MI in the heart of the
Hiawatha National Forest. Private beach. Excellent
fishing. Located next door to the Forest Glen General
Store for groceries, beverages, gas, tackle, bait, and
hunting & fishing licenses. Boat and Snowmobile
rentals. The perfect spot for the outdoor enthusiast. On
the snowmobile trails
- White Pine
Lodge, E7889 W.
M28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111. Motel guest
rooms include double rooms with queen-sized beds, king
suites with mini-fridge and microwave, and single rooms.
All guest rooms have AC, Cable TV, and Wireless Internet
Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator. Oversize Jacuzzi tub.
Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast. Adjoining gas
station and convenience store is open 24 hours daily.
Next to Kewadin Casino. Snowmobile & ATV Rentals. Direct trail access. Pets Welcome.
- Wilderness Resort in Lac La Belle offers three year round newly renovated lodgings with a nice view of Lac La Belle. We offer a 2-bedroom cabin and a duplex with two units. Unit A has 2 bedrooms and Unit B has one bedroom. Unit A and B can be combined for larger groups. Snowmobile trail #132 is outside the front door and there is expert downhill skiing at Mt. Bohemia. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing nearby. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Keweenaw Peninsula and outstanding outdoor recreation at the Wilderness Resort. Pets Welcome. Phone: 906-369-5369
Refuge Cabins, 101 Wildlife Lane, P.O. Box
508, South Range, MI 49963. Call 906-482-1001 or
888-510-1001. Six fully furnished new housekeeping
cabins. 3 cabins sleep 1-6, 2 cabins sleep up to 10, and
1 is handicap accessible. Fireplaces, sauna, TV, VCR, on
the Bill Nicholls Trail. Rental snowmobiles and ATV's
delivered to your cabin. 5 miles south of Houghton,
within walking distance of taverns, restaurants, gas and
- Winter Dreamland is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom vacation home in Christmas, Michigan. Large living room and family room by the kitchen. 2 Cable TVs. Wi-Fi. ATV and snowmobile trails across the street. 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Boat Cruises, and Grand Island and 7 miles to the sandy Lake Superior Beach in AuTrain. Winter Dreamland, E7918 State Hwy M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-202-0410 or 906-251-8489.
Motel, N 3957 N. US 2, Iron Mountain MI,
49801.906 774-6106. Economy Rates, Kitchenettes, Modern
motel units feature color cable TV, direct dial phones,
and wireless internet access. Major Credit Cards
- Woods and Water
Chalet is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes
near Watersmeet, MI. This perfect Northwoods Retreat has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and features
hardwood floors, air conditioning, a game room, and a
fieldstone gas fireplace. Large screen Dish TV. Wireless
internet access. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher.
Laundry room. 600' of sand frontage on a crystal clear
lake with great swimming, water sports, and fishing. By
the Ottawa National Forest for hiking and hunting.
Snowmobile trail access from the back door and
cross-country ski trails are nearby.
- New Listing: Yooper House is a 2 bedroom vacation home on the west side of Munising. Comfortable furnishing with a flat screen TV with cable. Internet Access. Complete kitchen with dishwasher. Big back yard with shade trees. Easy trail access. Year round. Close to shopping, dining, and many attractions. Yooper House, 1211 Commercial Street, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-202-2466.
- Yule Log
Resort, Highway M-28 3 miles west of Munising,
in Christmas, MI. 906-387-3184. 8 Housekeeping cabins on
the shores of Lake Superior. View of Grand Island. Sandy
beaches for swimming. Open May 1 through
This is Page 5 (T-Z)
Peninsula Weather Forecasts
- "I am going, O Nokomis,
- On a long and distant journey,
- But these guests I leave behind me,...
- In your watch and ward I leave them;
- See that never harm comes near them,
- See that never fear molests them,
- Never danger nor suspicion,
- Never want of food or shelter,
- In the lodge of Hiawatha"
Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Home Page: Exploring
Photo: Cardinal by Dave Martin
Copyright 1997 by Vivian
webmaster. All Rights Reserved.
Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976, as
amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster,
reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on this
website for placement on the internet is a copyright
infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in
part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within,
is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text,
graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the
copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site created on an