Lodging on Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Cabins, Cottages, Motels, B &
B's, Resorts, Vacation Homes, and Campgrounds
on the Shoreline of Lake Superior
Places to stay are listed by towns going from the
Eastern U.P. to the Western U.P.
on Lake Superior's Whitefish Bay
LODGES, 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road,
Paradise. Phone 906-492-3320. Eight modern but rustic Log
Cabins in a private wooded setting on Lake Superior. Full
housekeeping with well equipped kitehens, some cabins
with fireplaces. Sandy beach. On the snowmobile trail.
Cross country skiing nearby.
Paradise. Phone 906-492-3434. Four fully equipped
housekeeping cottages on the shore of Whitefish Bay. One
2-bedroom cottage has a fireplace. Playgrounds, picnic
tables, grills, lawn furniture, campfire pit. 280' of
sandy beach. Paddleboats.
CABINS RESORT, 1/4 mile north of the blinking
light on Whitefish Point Road. Phone: 906-492-3368. 7
modern housekeeping cabins with 1, 2, & 3 bed units.
Complete kitchens. Quiet setting for family vacations.
600' of sandy beach. Ample parking for trailers. P. O.
Box 125, Paradise. Sorry, No Pets.
- SAUNDERS SUNRISE
CABINS, 10126 N. Whitefish Point Road,
Paradise. Phone 1-906-492-3378. Five fully equipped
housekeeping cabins on the shore of Lake Superior's
Whitefish Bay. 460' of sandy beach. Two miles north of
Paradise on Whitefish Point Road. Pets welcome. Direct
(north of Newberry, MI)
Spectacular views of Lake Superior from this very unique
cottage on Lake Superior. One bedroom plus a sleeper sofa
in the living area, two person jacuzzi, and fireplace.
Located 1/2 hour north of Newberry on County Rd. 407
- SUPERIOR AGATE HAVEN Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
Marais at the
Eastern Entrance to the Pictured Rocks National
- NORTH SHORE
LODGE Grand Marais. (906 494-2361) Motel
and cabins on Coast Guard Point. On the Lake Superior beach. Gift Shop.
Christmas, AuTrain, & Shelter Bay
(Western Entrance to the Pictured Rocks)
- Au Train
ISLAND VIEW LODGE is located just east of
AuTrain on the shores of Lake Superior. The Lodge has 3
bedrooms and a loft with 3 & 1/2 bathrooms and will
sleep up to 12 guests. Two wood-burning fireplaces, cable
TV, and wireless internet access. Complete kitchen with
dishwasher. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets and the beauty of
Lake Superior as you relax in this lovely vacation home.
Easy trail access. Open year round. N7869 Sunset Drive,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 800-546-7188
VISTA GRAND LODGE on Munising Bay, Lake
Superior. Phone:906-387-1633. Two bedrooms with loft, 2
baths, stone fireplace with gas stove, cable TV, laundry,
and attached sauna. Spectacular view of
Munising Bay and off to the right . . . Grand Island.
Sand beach. Easy trail access.
INN EXPRESS LAKEVIEW, E8998 Highway
M-28, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-4800 or
1-800-HOLIDAY. Located on the shores of Lake
Superior, only 2 miles west of downtown Munising on M-28,
or 2 miles east of Christmas. 62 rooms, 15 suites, 4
handicap rooms, and the areas largest indoor pool. Hot
tub, sauna, and fitness center. Complementary Continental
Breakfast. Elevator. In-room high speed internet access,
cable TV, and coffee makers. 1 & 2 bedroom suites
have microwaves and refrigerators. Enjoy the outstanding
view of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Meeting
room and gift shop. Easy access to the snowmobile and ATV
RESORT and CHARTER FISHING on Lake Superior.
E3216 Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:
906-892-8277 or toll free: 1-800-419-2242. Located on the
shores of Lake Superior at Shelter Bay, Kimar's Resort
features 2, 3, and 4 bedroom housekeeping cottages and a
3-bedroom mobile home. 300' sandy beach,
picnic tables, grills, and fire pit for your campfires.
Lots of room for your boat and snowmobile trailers. Boat
ramp. Direct access to snowmobile trail 417 for some
winter fun. Kimar's Charters offers trolling, casting,
and jigging fishing trips on Lake Superior to the Shelter
Bay Flats, the Big Reef, and Stannard Rock.
LOG LODGE on Lake Superior. Phone:
906-202-1914. Log Vacation Home has 3 bedrooms with 3 1/2
baths and a double size Jacuzzi tub. Full kitchen,
Satellite TV with surround sound, DVD player, and sirius
radio. Laundry room. Decks overlook Lake Superior for
outstanding views and amazing sunsets. Heated garage.
N7865 Sunset Road off Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Easy snowmobile and ORV trail access.
- LAKE SUPERIOR LOG VACATION HOME on Lake Superior has three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and a loft. Complete kitchen. Washer and dryer. Living area with a Franklin style wood stove for relaxing in front of the fire. Satellite TV. Large deck overlooks AuTrain Bay in Lake Superior.. The vacation home is located on the east side of AuTrain Bay 8 miles west of Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Easy trail access. Lake Superior Log Home, N7875 Sunset Drive, Au Train, MI 49806. Phone: 360-870-1758
E8070 Highway M-28,
Christmas. Phone: 906-387-1617. Three
bedroom rental home on Lake Superior. Sleeps up to 8. 1
1/2 baths. Cable TV, washer, and dryer. 150' Lake
Superior Beach with pier. Also for rent, a 2-bedroom
ground-level apartment, sleeps up to 6 with Lake Superior
access. Sofa sleeper. Cable TV. Pet Friendly. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access.
- NORTH POINT COTTAGE. Three-bedroom cottage on the shores of Lake Superior. Wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV. Enjoy the wonderful view from the large deck furnished with lawn furniture. Only 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, boat cruises, and numerous waterfalls. On the ATV/snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. 8770 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1617
- SUNRISE BAY Vacation Estate is located on 10 acres of land on the shores of Lake Superior near Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The Estate has four individual dwellings: a main lodge, two guest cottages, and a carriage house that has two lodging options. Sunrise Bay will accommodate up to 30 guests. . . perfect for your family reunion, wedding, corporate meeting, or large group gathering. All are comfortably furnished, have modern kitchens, and four have a fireplace. Sunrise Bay Estate is rented weekly as one property. Sunrise Bay Estate, N8284 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 949-291-5106
MOTEL on the BAY,
1315 Bay Street,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-4574. All rooms on
beautiful Munising Bay. Lakefront Rooms, Kitchenettes.
1,2, & 3 Bedroom Units with cable TV and in-room
coffee. Picnic tables, charcoal grills and a private
- YULE LOG
RESORT, Highway M-28 3 miles west of Munising,
in Christmas, MI. 906-387-3184. Housekeeping cabins on
the shores of Lake Superior. View of Grand Island. Sandy
beaches for swimming.
- BEACHCOMBER'S COTTAGE is located 15 miles east of Marquette on the sandy shores of Lake Superior. The cottage has two bedrooms and is nestled in the woods by the lake. The living area has patio doors that open onto the deck, a wonderful spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lake Superior. Cobblestone path to the sandy beach and a beach deck near the water. Beachcomber’s Cottage, Highway M-28, Marquette, MI, 49855. Phone: 206-937-1276.
4012 Hwy M-28 E, Sand River, MI, only 15 miles east of
Marquette Phone: 906-343-6710 or or 805-723-4223. Bungalow Cottage, Loft, and comfortable family suites with free Wi-Fi.
TV with HBO. Across from Lake Superior with a wonderful sand beach. Gas
grills, picnic tables, and outdoor swings. Relax
and enjoy this outstanding view of Lake Superior. On the trail.
Bay, MI 25 miles north of
HAVEN on LAKE SUPERIOR in Big Bay, MI
offers a variety of deluxe accommodations on beautiful
sandy Squaw Beach. Accommodations include the Fantasy
Beach House that sleeps up to 14 guests, Bay View Cabin
that sleeps up to 8 guests, and Bay View Suite for 4
guests. All accommodations are under one roof but have
separate entrances with full kitchens and an outstanding
view of Lake Superior. Lodgings can be combined for a
larger group. Phone: 262-424-1793.
Skanee & Aura
north of L'Anse
PAW & EAGLE VIEW Vacation Cottages
on Lake Superior, northeast of L'Anse,
MI on Pt. Abbaye, 4 miles north of Aura. Each cottage has
3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a gas fireplace, satellite
TV, and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher and a washer
& dryer. 6 person hot tub and sauna. 150' of Lake
Superior beach and an awesome view. Easy trail access.
A6790W & A6785W Ravenswood, L'Anse, MI 49946. Phone:
Peninsula north of Houghton and
LODGE-LAKESIDE CABINS, Highway M-26, Lakeshore
Drive, between Eagle Harbor (10 miles) and Copper Harbor
(3 miles). (906-289-4294) 8 one and two bedroom fully
equipped housekeeping cabins on Lake Superior. Three
bedroom log cabin with fireplace. Open year round. All
cabins have a view of Lake Superior and satellite TV.
Recreation Hall with fireplace. Pets welcome
- NORTH SHORE
COTTAGE Tamarack Waterworks Road, Calumet.
Phone 906-337-3127. Located 3.5 miles from Calumet on the
shores of Lake Superior. Housekeeping cottage with extra
amenities sleeps up to 6. Open year round. Trout stream
runs along side of cottage.
- SAND HILLS
LIGHTHOUSE INN Ahmeek. Phone: (906-337-1744)
on Lake Superior in a 35 acre birch and pine forest. 8
rooms with private baths, furnished in Victorian style,
fireplace in lounge, great views from the lighthouse
tower. See an original fresnel lens and nautical
lighthouse artifacts. Lighthouse tour daily. Sand Hills
is the largest lighthouse built on the Great Lakes.
3,000' of private lakeshore.
- SHORELINE RESORT, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Eagle Harbor, offers a 8 unit Motel, a 2-bedroom cabin, and a 3-bedroom apartment. All accommodations have a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Sandy beach. Canoe, kayaks, and a paddle boat available. Pets Welcome. Shoreline Resort, 122 Front Street, Eagle Harbor, MI 49950. Phone: 906-289-4441
BAY RV RESORT CAMPGROUND, and CABINS
on the shores of Lake Superior, 7 miles south
of Eagle River MI in the Keweenaw Peninsula. 40 sites
with electric & water hook-ups and three 1 and 2
bedroom log cabins. Bath house, laundry, dump station.
2701 Sunset Bay Beach Road. Ahmeek, MI 49901. Open June
to Mid-October. Phone: 906-337-2494 (summer).
Silver City near the Porcupine Mountains
Wilderness State Park
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Silver City is located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Comfortable guest rooms and suites on 3 floors with an elevator. Some rooms have a view of Lake Superior. Wireless internet access throughout the Inn. Cable TV. Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Complementary AmericInn Perk breakfast. Restaurant and lounge. Walk along the Lake Superior shoreline, enjoy the stunning sunsets, or just relax. On the trail and 3 miles from downhill and cross-country skiing. Pets Welcome. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5311
- BEACH RETREAT
Rental Cottage is located on the shores of
Lake Superior, 12 miles west of Ontonagon and only 5
minutes from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State
Park. A Beach Retreat offers 2 bedrooms, one bathroom,
and a complete kitchen. The living room has cable TV and
a gas fireplace. A screened porch overlooks the lake for
sitting and relaxing or you can enjoy sitting by the
private beach and watching exciting Lake Superior and the
fantastic sunsets over the water. Year round with easy
access to the ATV and snowmobile trails and all the
exciting outdoor recreation the Porkies has to offer. A
Beach Retreat, 32829 Hwy M-64, Silver City, MI 49953.
CABIN Up North, 30978 Highway M-64, Silver
City. Phone: 906-885-5430. Year round vacation log home
on Lake Superior with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Wood
burning fireplace. Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite TV,
Large back deck overlooking the Lake. Sorry, no smoking,
COTTAGE Up North, 34464 Highway M-107, Silver
City. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom cottage on Lake
Superior. Main level has a bedroom with a wood burning
fireplace, full bathroom, large living room with wood
burning stove, dining room and kitchen combo with access
to a deck facing the lake. Upper level has a large
bedroom with deck and a den. Spiral staircase to lower
level with a family room, bedroom, bathroom and doors
opening to a patio. Sleeps up to 10. On the snowmobile
VIEW LODGES, 34042 107th Engineers Memorial Highway, Silver
City. Phone: 906-885-5256. 11 modern lodges on Lake
Superior. All lodges have wood burning fireplaces, 2
bedrooms, phones with data ports, Cable TV, and fully
equipped kitchens including a dishwasher. Screened porch
with deck. Pets accepted in some lodges.
COTTAGES and Vacation Homes 22608 Lakeshore
Road,Ontonagon. 1 & 2 bedroom cottages with wood
burning fireplaces on the Lake Superior shoreline and 2
vacation homes, 15 miles from Porcupine Mountains
Wilderness State Park, 906-884-4230 or toll free:
1-866-207-5015. Lodging for all tastes and budgets: from
modest two-person cottages to an executive split level
vacation home, plus everything in between. Cable
TV.Handicap accessible cottage.
SHORES RESORT, 26156 W State Highway M-64,
Ontonagon, MI, 49953. Phone: 906-884-2653. 5 miles west
of Ontonagon on Lake Superior. 7 unit motel with Cable
TV, HBO. Three cottage units, townhouse style, with view
of Lake Superior. Cottages have full kitchen, coffee
maker, Cable TV. Sand beach for relaxing. Pets accepted.
Weekly rates available. Snowmobile trail access
- UNION RIVER CAMPGROUND is located on the Union River at the eastern edge of the Porcupine Mountains. 42 wooded sites with water and electric and 8 large pull-through sites. Modern shower house. 15 miles west of Ontonagon. Lake Superior sand beach across the road. Union River Campground, 35653 State Highway M107. Phone: 906-869-2635
- BARAGA STATE PARK.
1300 US-41 South, Baraga MI 49908; (906)
353-6558. Situated on the Keweenaw Bay (Lake Superior)
with easy access to the water, the park is centrally
located to the many attractions in the western Upper
Peninsula. The bay offers anglers good action on salmon,
steelhead, lake and brown trout. Take US-41 south of
Baraga less than a mile.
- BRIMLEY STATE PARK,
9200 West 6 Mile Road, Brimley. (906)
248-3422. 270-site modern campground with large, grassy
campsites, a mini-cabin, and a swimming beach on Lake
Superior's Whitefish Bay. Brimley has the warmest
swimming water of any state park located on the usually
frigid Lake Superior. Anglers fish the bay for northern
pike and walleye. A scenic view of the Canadian highlands
can be seen to the north. Take 6 Mile Road one mile east
- F. J. McLAIN STATE PARK
Hancock. (906) 482-0278. Situated on Lake Superior,
McLain boasts beautiful views of Michigan sunsets. Park
pastimes include swimming, fishing, hiking, cross country
skiing, snowmobiling, hunting and viewing the lighthouse.
MOUNTAINS WILDERNESS STATE PARK, 60,000 acre
wilderness park. Camping, rustic cabins, backpacking,
hiking, and skiing. 92 square miles, with virgin forest,
scenic waterfalls, rugged Lake Superior shore line,
remote rustic cabins, 87 miles of hiking trails, and
virtually no roads.. Union Bay modern campground on Lake
Superior at the eastern entrance to the park and Presque
Isle Rustic Campground at the western entrance.
Back to Upper
Peninsula Towns and Cities Page
Back to the Upper
Exploring the North Home
Copyright 2005 by Char Simons,
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster.
All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Char
Simons. Web site created on an Apple G-4.