RESTAURANTS, CAFES, INNS, BARS, GRILLS, and FOOD TRUCKS
in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- BARAGA and L'ANSE, MICHIGAN
- Baraga Lakeside Inn and Restaurant is located on the shores of Keweenaw Bay in Lake Superior. . The restaurant is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lounge. Docking facilities next door. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Baraga Lakeside Inn, 900 U.S. 41 South, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-7123 or toll Free: 855-541-5953.
CURTIS, MI The Manistique Lakes Area
- Chamberlins Ole Forest Inn Restaurant, 1-800-292-0440 or 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a mile north of Curtis Michigan in the Eastern Upper Peninsula. Full of history, updated in the '90s in its decor. secluded, Restaurant open daily for casual fine dining.
- Michihistrigan Bar and Grill, 17838 Highway US-2, near Curtis and Gould City, MI the Manistique Lakes. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Located at the Michihistrigan Recreational Area. Phone: 906-477-6983
HOUGHTON and HANCOCK in the Western Upper Peninsula
- Ramada Inn Upper Deck Restaurant and Lounge, 99 Navy St., Hancock, MI 49930. Phone: (906) 482-8400 Overlooking the Portage Waterway. Serving lunch and dinner daily.
- Peterson's Fish
Market on Quincy Hill in Hancock MI. Four Sons Fish & Chips Outdoor Cafe is open from May through September. Try a delisious fresh Whitefish Sandwich with a variety of sides. Eat in or-take out. Peterson's offers fresh salmon, trout, and whitefish and smoked salmon, herring, and trout. Indoor seating now available. Peterson's Fish Market, Across from the Quincy Mine, 49813 US Hwy 141, Hancock, MI 49930. Phone 906-482-2343.
IRON MOUNTAIN, MI. SPREAD EAGLE and FLORENCE WISCONSIN
- ANNIE'S TRADING POST: Restaurant and bar on Keyes Lake south of Florence, WI. Enjoy dining and your favorite beverage. Serving sandwiches, specialty soups, & salads for lunch, and a full menu for dinner including Pasta, Pizza, Steaks, Chicken, Pork, Seafood, plus Saturday night specials. 5203 Keyes Lake Drive, Florence, WI. Phone: (715) 528-2170.
- CHUCKWAGON BAR & GRILL. Food & beverages served in the historic log cabin in Spread Eagle. Open daily at 11 am serving a wide variety of sandwiches, homemade soup, chili, your favorite beverages, and a delicious Fish Fry on Friday. Bring the family. Take out available. On the north side of Highway US-2 at the intersection of Carpenter Road in Spread Eagle, WI. 7 miles west of Iron Mountain, MI. Phone: 715-696-6220. Snowmobile & ATV trail across the road.
- The Pasty Oven Restaurant and Pasty Shop is located at W-7270
Highway U.S.2, near the stoplight in Quinnesec Michigan,
just 4 miles east of Iron Mountain, MI. Phone: 906-776-0990
or toll free 800-753-5257. Eat in our dining area or pick up
some delicious pasties for lunch or dinner. The Pasty Oven offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and a fish fry on Friday.
- Princeton Garden near Felch, Michigan offers outdoor dining during the summer and breakfast every weekend year round. Dine in a quiet setting under canopies in a lovely garden with soft music in the background. Outdoor Dining is open Wednesday through Saturday during the summer. Breakfast is served in the Farmhouse on Saturday and Sunday year round. New this winter: Lunch is served in the Farmhouse during the colder months Wednesday through Saturday 11am-2pm. Princeton Garden is located only 22 miles north of Iron Mountain, Michigan with driving directions on their website. N7478 Harders Road, Felch, MI 49831. Phone: 906-246-3568 or 906-221-7829
- MARQUETTE, ISHPEMIHG, and BIG BAY, MI
Ridge Brewery, Fresh brewed award-winning beer. Wide variety
of appetizers, soups, sandwiches, pizza, and dinner
items. Serving lunch and dinner with a children's menu
and daily specialy. Dine in or take-out. 1075 Country
Lake, Ishpeming, MI. Phone: 906-485-6017
- Thunder Bay Inn and Restaurant is located in Big Bay, Michigan 25 miles north of Marquette. The Historic Country Inn has a family friendly restaurant serving lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy a selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, appetizers, homemade pizzas, and dinner selections including Black Angus Prime Rib on Saturday. The Historic Thunder Bay Inn was once the Ford Hotel, the film location of “Anatomy of a Murder”. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. Phone: 906-345-9220
MUNISING, AuTRAIN, CHRISTMAS, and the HIAWATHA NATIONAL FOREST
- BEAR TRAP INN near the Pictured Rocks in Munising serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Stop in for family dining and your favorite beverage. Hot homemade pasties made daily. Food, spirits, and fun! Located 8 miles east of Munising on M-58 at the Corner of H-58 and H-15. Phone: 906-452-6364.
Restaurant and Lounge at the Buckhorn Resort, N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559. In the Hiawatha
National Forest serving lunch and dinner along with your favorite beverages. Open 11am to 9pm daiy year round. Gas. 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile & ATV trails.
- DOGPATCH RESTAURANT is located by Highway M-28 near the blinking light. Dogpatch is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Family friendly. Decorated with the characters from the old Li'l Abner comics that included Li'l Abner, Daisy Mae, Mammy and Pappy Yokum and other characters. Dogpatch offers a salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, chicken, fish, charbroiled steaks, plus much more. served with your favorite beverage. Large parking lot. Dogpatch Restaurant, 325 E. Superior Street, Munising, MI. Phone: 906-387-9948
- Duck Pond Eatery and Beer Garden in Christmas Michigan is a great spot for kayakers and visitors to the area. We feature burgers, whitefish, sandwiches, salads and more plus a nice selection of beer made in Michigan. Large screen TV. Beer garden with outdoor stage for seating and local musicians. E 7974 W M-28. Phone: 906-387-1689. Open daily.
- Jack Pine Lodge. Restaurant and Lounge are open daily at noon. Daily specials. 25 miles southeast of Munising or 20 miles northwest of Manistique. Jack Pine Lodge, 5350N State HWY M-94
, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: (906) 573-2414
- NAUBINWAY, MI By Lake Michigan
- Anchor In Naubinway Cafe & Gift Shop is located on Highway US-2, 25miles east of Curtis by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with comfortable seating, fireplace, & TV. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1220.
ONTONAGON, SILVER CITY, and WHITE PINE, MI
- CURBSIDE KITCHEN Restaurant on Wheels
Featuring Original Recipe Broasted Chicken or Broasted Whitefish, Subs, Burgers, & More. 32829 Highway M-64 in Silver City
- Konteka Motel,
Restaurant, Bar & Grill, 400 Main Street in the Mineral Circle
Plaza, White Pine MI 49971. Phone: 906-885-5170. Only 6
miles from the Porcupine Mountains State Park. Restaurant open
daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The popular
Bar and Grill i salsp open daily and has a Large 62" cable TV.
- Paul's Restaurant and Porky's Pub at the AmericInn of Silver City Located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Enjoy your meal with a nice view of Lake Superior. Open daily from noon to 9pm for lunch and dinner. Porkys Pub Lounge opens a 4pm. Sandwiches, snacks, pizza, and your favorite beverage. On the trail. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-531
- WATERSMEET, MI
- Gateway Lodge, Resutaurant, and Lounge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin is located about 8 miles south of Watersmeet. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321. 1 block west of Highway US-45.
Photo: Chuckwagon in Spread Eagle, WI
The Upper Peninsula Traveler Home Page
©2016 by Char Simons, webmaster. All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Char Simons, 7/16